Anyone know what this is?

I await your new novel with baited breath Peter, will it be published under horror or romance ? :rofl:

Methinks you have too much time on your hands, when is your lovely lady returning ? :hugs:

Couldn’t come back sooner, Ann! :joy::back:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder Peter. A change is as good as a rest and all that 

As ‘they’ say, it’s nice to get away but it’s nice to be back home, hope you will have at least a little wildflower on the table to say welcome home 
 :hugs:

A coup sûr! :bouquet::kissing_heart::innocent:

On the bbc news today :wink:

image https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/73FC/production/_105029692_9c1aedab-97f6-4f38-b060-411a225ac93e.jpg

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I always hate flippant remarks about killing and never can understand it. We all share this wonderful globe together and every life has a purpose and a reason for being. Please respect all the wonderful creatures you share your lovely home in France with.

1 Like

Then I suppose that you don’t eat any meat, fish, or dairy products, or even eggs !

Oh and as studies show that plants do feel pain I suppose that you don’t eat salads or herbs either !

I’m not sure anyone has made any flippant remarks about killing, have they ?? :thinking:

“so, do that or crunch them if you are feeling so inclined.”
"mmm
 they might find it easier to “top 'em” "
“If you squash them they smell of bitter almonds.”

A few too many flippant remarks for me, no offence.

I suppose you could try eating themđŸ€”

1 Like

I agree that it is some sort of shield bug
I often see smaller ones, in the garden in Summer

“The Pentatomoidea are a superfamily of insects in the Heteroptera suborder of the Hemiptera order. They are commonly referred to as shield bugs , chust bugs , and stink bugs . As Hemiptera, they share a common arrangement of sucking mouthparts.”

[

Pentatomoidea - Wikipedia

](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentatomoidea)

There could be a small chance of getting this (vis fecal matter)

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/chagas/gen_info/vectors/index.html

The quickest way/kindest to kill these bugs is (so I am told) is to crunch them, with a shod foot, swiftly and firmly
 against something solid
 preferably outside

I should have made it clear that I did not mean crunching between one’s teeth. :zipper_mouth_face:

They are listed as an agricultural pest
 :zipper_mouth_face:

Oh! I really wasn’t expecting such a personal, nasty reply on this subject, especially as others had expressed similar opinions on this. Just for the record, I am vegan but that does not make me a lesser person or some sort of freak just because I value life and nature which is why I live in France on 10 acres with the beauty and wonder of nature all around me. Next time you feel the urge to kill some defenceless little creature just for the sake of it, take a good close look at the beauty and wonder of that little bug and ask yourself if it is really threatening your safety or survival in any way. If the answer is no, then why kill it? - it is just living out it’s one life just as you are - just being scared of it is not a reason to kill it. I shan’t waste my time waiting for your reply. And just for the record, our land is chasse interdite (I wouldn’t want you to waste your time assuming otherwise).

2 Likes

“Oh! I really wasn’t expecting such a personal, nasty reply on this subject”

Not nasty at all Rachel, if you are going to post here then be prepared for others to react !
Or in your case over react !

1 Like

I thought being a freak was part of the vegan dress code.:grinning:

“I thought being a freak was part of the vegan dress code.:grinning:”

?? Rather silly and rude, surely?

I expect I sound like someone’s old nanny but really it isn’t a pleasant conversation at all.

2 Likes

It’s a joke Vero.

It’s just an opinion, Tim, and some of your jokes are funny, but your joke about vegan freaks was pointed, personal and IMO spiteful and cruel. A joke at someone’s expense?

Saying “it’s just a joke, Vero” is just copping-out, and worthy only of someone who needs to grow up a bit.

1 Like

Thanks for your critique Peter and the suggestion about growing up, I’ll give both my fullest consideration.:wink:

1 Like