"Anyone with half a brain can see that!

A fascinating YouTube video with Dr Ian McGilchrist on the Divided Brain, very relevant to many of the discussions we’ve had (and will doubtless continue to have) on contemporary issues of concern and interest. Like Brexit, terrorism, choosing the right school, and where it’s best to live.

I strongly recommend it. There are several bits to chuckle over, and lots more to chew over too.

Happy watching!

1 Like

Oliver Sacks, I loved the man who mistook his wife for a hat and (one of my favourite autobiographies) Uncle Tungsten.

2 Likes

McGilchrist’s book might interest you, Véronique, The Master and his Emissary, Yale University Press (2009). It’s about brain lateralisation and its effects on shaping civilisation and human culture.

Ian is Patron of our charitable society, the Middle Way Society, and his work has hugely influenced my own thinking and behaviour, and I am accordingly a marginally less brain-dead prat now than the previous 72 years of my inglorious past. :scream::shushing_face::confounded::no_mouth:

Uncle Tungsten I shall look up.

1 Like

Thank you for this - I do hope it is ok to share on my FB page.

1 Like

Oh please do, @anon88836513 Ann, the more the merrier. Ian McGilchrist has many more, he’s a remarkable man, scientist, medical doctor and philosopher. Tells it as it is :hugs: