Applied for french licence last April - heard nothing yet

Hi Dominique,

How long did it take the Nanates guys to answer your emails?
I have sent an email last Thursday & still did not get an answer.

Many thanks,

Toto

Hello Toto1 and welcome to the forum.

Please amend your Registration to give your Full Name… as per our Terms and Conditions. If you are unsure how to do that… simply put your Full Name on this thread… and I will amend it for you.

cheers

Hello Stella,

Name: Toufik
Surname: Boumaza

Hello

I sent the email on August 1st and received a reply on August 3rd (wonders will never cease …)

Good luck,

Dominique

Many thanks Dominique.

An other question if I may: How did get the letter of entitlement? I phoned up the DVLA asking for one & I was told they don’t provide them any more as the french authorities have access to the DVLA system & they can check by themselves driving licences.

Toufik

Hello again, my husband’s driving licence was from Ireland. (as in the Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland )

Dominique

Good evening All,
Has anyone experienced sending emails to the address " cert-pc-epe-44-instruc1@interieur.gouv.fr & not received any answer?
Sent an email & so far received nothing… Photo card expired and I am very concerned.
Thanks,
Toufik

Hi Evelyn just a thought when my. Irish license ran out ( by 2 years) I just reapplied for an Irish one even though I live here,as there is no obligation to convert to French one if you are an EU citizen.

Hi Tony,
I’ve been told that since I’m resident in France that I must apply for a French one because in order to get a new Irish one, they ask you for your address in Ireland.

re : renewing your Irish driving license if you now live in France : it’s getting more complicated as you now have to have a face to face interview and provide proof of domicile ; the layout and wording on the proof of domicile has to match word for work, comma for comma, space for space with your existing driving licence if it’s a renewal. Also you need one of those PSC (Public Service Card) card more and more for anything admin to do in Ireland.

Dominique

Odd that, my wife is a North African Berber and when we moved into our modest hlm we recieved handwritten unsigned hate mail from as it transpired a white elderly Frenchman dwho complained about my kids making kiddy noises in the garden. I’ve yet to have a local Arab make a complaint though…

1 Like

For those that have applied, did you stick your photographs to the form CERFA 14879*01 or not? If you did, how did you do that, using double sided tape as instructed or a glue like Pritt?
I can’t see how a doiuble sided tape (as instructed on YouTube and the from) can differ from glue. I only had a super-strength double-sides tape to hand. It will not come off. I have also come across a French Gouvernment document that says one should not stick the photos to the form at all!
Guess I will know in 6 months or so whether it matters or not…

Good Afternoon John,
I would be interested to know how the information about the plan to clear the back log came about?
Has anyone managed to speak to the Nantes civil servants?
Was the information made public through media or anything else?

Correction: I meant to say that “no deal” of the brexit is declared on the 29th of Mar-19.

Can’t be bothered to read every reply, but the bar talk here in Haute-Vienne for people in the same position, is that it is taking average 9+ months for each application. There is talk of a plan to clear the back log in the new year so just hold on.