Are there such beasts as tax consultants or financial advisors?

(Sholu Pande) #1

Hello everyone,

We are struggling with our first ever tax returns and would love to get some professional help, if we can, as of course, we are a ‘non-standard’ case. Can anyone recommend someone good? Much appreciated.


(Vin Collins) #2

If you live near Cahors Bernard Cansanell Accountant on 0565226526 is good…Does anyone know the official exchange rate being used this year by the “impot” office that is the average pound/euro rate for 2010…Vin Collins

(Sholu Pande) #3

Thanks, I guess that is what SFN is all about!

(Sholu Pande) #4

Thank you so much for that. Shall get in touch with her.

(Catharine Higginson) #5

Hi - Valerie is an SFN member - here is her profile and as Martin said, we have heard nothing but good - otherwise as SFN we would not recommend!!

(Martin Parker) #6

Hi Sholu,
Some info here, French tax returns, but also a link to Start Business in France website, which is run by business advisor Valerie Lemiere. The site is aimed at Autoentrepreneurs, but I think Valerie can advise on other matters as well. I have heard nothing but praise for the advice that Valerie has given.

(Sholu Pande) #7

Thank you thank you thank you, that’s all great advice, I shall take heed!! I feel lot better now, having taxation uncertainties hanging over you makes me rather twitchy!

(Martin Parker) #8

I used an accountant last year and she was very good, but that was before I found out that the local tax office will offer free advice.
Get all your figures together and head down to the office - you may need to make an appointment - they should help you complete the form.

(Andrew Hearne) #9

Like Graham, I’ve never used an advisor either, been in different jobs here over the last 6 years, now freelance - any problems just speak to your local tax office direct - they love seeing people face to face but are useless at internet enquiries, phoning is a bit better but nothing beats face to face to explain everything.

Good luck!

(Graham Dooley) #10

If you download The Connexion newspaper there is a very good tax guide that can be obtained for about 9 Euros. I have been in France for 20 years and never used one so I decided to take a look. Very informative for first times and self- employed business users.