Are You Bothered? Yet.....?

Hi Simon, I read in the local Depeche that Foix town centre had GJ protestors saturday, is this true ? Even Albi had 300 peaceful GJs marching which hasn’t been seen too many times since the protests started.

I’m driving down to aéroport de Rennes tomorrow via Fougères to avoid the A84. Meeting la Patronne. My Gilet Jaune sympathies may be put to the test! I shall file a short communiqué on our return.

1 Like

There was a very poorly attended ‘courtege’ around the town on Saturday afternoon - almost more stewards and flics than manifestants. The roundabouts locally are starting to look a little sad especially at Saint Maixant where roadside crosses have been implanted and the entrance to the encampment is adorned with some contemporary art:

IMG_0791

Hi Peter - not so sure about the town centre but there were big demos at our local hospital coordinated by the Jillys and the CGT (nothing new there though!). They rounded on the hospital General Director and had a good old slanging match - nothing really achieved though apart from a few FB vids.

In fact the prefecture have just issued a whole batch of orders preventing the occupation of péages and roundabouts - bad for the Ski resorts! I was at the vets this morning - he’s down around 4€k for the past 2 months v last year - unfortunately he’s just close to an ‘occupied’ roundabout.

So pleased that I don’t live near a large town or city. My sympathies are with the people who have to endure this, and those who have lost their livelyhood.

It’s just gone on too long and seems to have been taken over by anyone who has a grudge.

At least listen to what Mr Macron proposes, violence solves nothing, to me it’s akin to terrorism now. When people stay at home because they are frightened to be caught up in all this mess what else can it be classed as ?

2 Likes

Is Rennes your nearest airport Pete…??? That’s not a million miles away from me…x :slight_smile:

Unfortunately not Helen, our nearest is Caen but all their flights were fully-booked so it has to be Rennes.

It’s about 100 km, so not too far, so it depends how far you are from Rennes. Rennes is on the sign-post at the main intersection in our little town, so it feels neighbourly!

It would be very good to fix up a RDV un de ces quat’ jours ! We should keep it in mind, if we aren’t all given our marching orders on 1 avril, “Poisson d’avril, rosbif ! Adieu…”

1 Like

Thanks for the info, Simon :+1:, so far we’ve had no manifs round here since it all kicked off in Novermber, and it’s surprised me, but maybe dairy and arable farmers round here can’t be arsed, the local temperament seems to be peacable, phlegmatic, but watchful. I get the feeling that once roused by a meaningful cause they are likely to present a significant challenge.

What’s your own experience of the Lower Normans?

Cross wires with another Peter I think

Not to worry Nellie, it was nice while it lasted :grin:

We are practically neighbours then…lol…Rennes is just over an hour away from me…My family always fly into Dinard by Ryanair…(probably equidistant to Rennes) we’re a bit dismayed though that Ryanair have reduced their schedule to twice a week this year…x :frowning:

1 Like