Are you resident in France?

I’m tempted to sign-up just to invite people to join Survive France :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I wonder if @Gfplux would allow that?

2 Likes

IMHO, Facebook = Face Ache

Thank you Geoff. I always welcome consecutive criticism.
Facebook is not perfect and has many faults.
However let us not confuse the shortcomings of various social media platforms with the lack of interesting content for those who have no interest in the EU27.
The perfect focus of SF is of course and quite properly on France.
The focus of “After Brexit Brits living in the EU27” is clearly in the title of the group.
In addition the description of the group makes it clear why you should join or not.
This is the description
We are AFTER Brexit Brits (ABB) who are resident or are becoming resident in an EU27 country but retain a foothold in Britain.
After Brexit we all have a common interest as over time Britain may drift away from the EU and we need to create a strong community of Brits across the EU27. We believe peoples ignorance of the EU led to Brexit so our primary objective is to learn more about the EU and the 27 countries within it. We are also creating a knowledge base of the 27 countries and subjects like travel, food, rules and regulations and traditions using TOPICS.
There are plenty of groups that are anti Brexit. This group is for those who support the EU and are MOVING ON from Brexit.
We are friendly.
We are pro European but not naive.
We are not here to attack anyone including each other or the British Government.

• We are a private group so only members can see our membership and our content.

We use Facebook Messenger for direct communication between members and Admin.
If you wish to join you MUST… Have your Facebook location set to Europe and answer the two very simple questions.
END QUOTE

I use FB to keep in touch with my friends and family in UK and that too is Private.

1 Like

You would not be the first that has recommended SF. I have done so myself.

Why not join and do just that. You will be warmly welcomed. Just make sure you answer the two very simple questions and that your Facebook profile is set to an EU27 Country.
We get a lot of people wanting to join who live in the UK.
After you have joined please make an interesting post by telling the community all the good reasons to join SF.

@toryroo I couldn’t have put it better myself! :clap::pray:

I wish you well in your efforts @gfplux. Clearly you are very passionate. You have chosen a difficult model as it’s closed and hard for you to monetise? These days, practically speaking, I think you are very brave and wish you luck.

1 Like

Another groups of Brits offering advice! I bet it will conflict with othr advice given on this group. No requirement for another in my mind.

1 Like

I think I have just developed Type 1 Diabetes simply through imagining the amount of sugar in a serving of GG Treats…

1 Like

Karen, Thank you.
I have no wish to monetise the group. It’s totally non commercial. It’s just for fun with an underlying seriousness.

I would Geoff.

I only, very reluctantly, returned to Facebook during the past year for one reason only. It was the easiest way to keep in contact with my far flung family. Their choice though, I would much prefer to do it via frequent email conversations.

My previous incarnations there left me very bruised, and this was because of the nature of private groups. In my ‘profession’ of the last 11 years of transporting rescue dogs all over the continent I joined such a group when asked to transport a dog in a ‘covoiturage’, relay, plan. I reluctantly agreed to do so as a favour but an innocent conversation in French with one of the participants while we waited for others to arrive, was misunderstood by the leader of the group which exposed a lie she had told them and, in order to prevent me putting the record straight, she banned me from the group. I had no other way of contacting those volunteers and so to this day they have only had one side of the story.

So I won’t be joining your group Graham, or any other, but I wish you well with it but advise caution for all those joining who believe in democracy.

1 Like

Thanks Graham. I’ll look it up. Every little bit helps in these challenging times and you get glimmers of information from all over the place. Linda

Thank you David for your kind words about “After Brexit Brits living in the EU27”

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Facebook. This and other social media platforms are not perfect but generally speaking there is a lot of useful information exchanged that does help people.

Linda, if you wish to apply and fit our criteria you will be warmly welcomed via Facebook messenger with a personal message,

Facebook’s investors.

2 Likes

When Facebook first appeared, I joined it, as I did various other since abandoned web based entities such as Linked-in. Facebool was hastily ditched because all my students wanted to be ‘friends’ and suddenly every morning I was getting hundreds of unwanted posts about their latest extra-curricular activities!

However, in those long ago days Facebook seemed in other respects quite innocuous, whereas now we know otherwise…

Brian. It’s a trade off that most of us have been prepared to except when we use social media, search engines etc etc etc etc etc.

I’m willing to have a look and have made application to join, will see where it goes from there. Don’t really understand why people think that the group poses a threat to SF.