Are you seeking a country property with space to breath

Calm down Alan, people are just trying to offer advice.

I have put a link here showing my friend’s property, this is so that you can maybe get some ideas of what photos will stand out and description etc; good luck !

http://www.frenchestateagents.com/french-property-for-sale/view/45516CH36/house-for-sale-in-crevant-indre-centre-france

2 Likes

Nice, but no dog? :sunglasses:

1 Like

They do have one called Spud Chris, he doesn’t like having his photo taken :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi @Alanfpinder I’m just elevated your account privileges as you are clearly a ‘legit’ dude! You should be able to post as many photos as you like now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alan (if you are still there), I am sorry that you view the comments that you have received as being from “busy bodies who think they know all” - the, my, intent was to be helpful.

It is an emotive business - selling a house that you cherish, and have perhaps put much time and effort into - but to do so effectively you need to dispense with emotion and adopt a hard business head. You need to identify your buyer and put yourself in their shoes. You also need to take advice from people who have experience as a buyer - sounds a bit odd that one, I know, but I recently (2015, so fairly recent) bought a house in France and for the previous 20 years once, twice or occasionally three times per year have rented a gîte - I’ve had some real howlers, I can tell you, but the bottom line is I’ve got fairly good at reading property descriptions and figuring out what they are saying and, importantly what they are not.

It might be worth pointing out that Survive France is not, predominantly, a property site (James can correct me on this one - it’s his domain after all) and most  people here probably already have their own corner of France sorted, so it might not be the best way to reach out to prospective purchasers.

But many people here have bankable experience buying and I daresay selling property in France.

I’ll repeat what I said above - as a prospective purchaser I would not look twice, if fact would not even look once without a decent number (at least 10) of high resolution photos - and the more the merrier. I would also suggest that you take a dispassionate look at the properties for sale around you when setting your price. French estate agents are notorious for going along with unrealistic valuations for properties knowing that it hardly costs them anything to have the property on the books.

E.g look at this place - 5 bedrooms, 4 hectares, and 334k€ - please don’t take offence but if I were looking in your price range and had the information that you have presented vs that listing you would not be getting a call (the leboncoin listing needs more photos - French estate agents still don’t get this either).

Seriously we mean you no ill and are trying to help, take a moment or three to reflect.

4 Likes

complete the start things or just post one pic at a time a nice pic of the house would be nice as without it you wont get serious viewers just curious viewers.

Not in the market ourselves we got a nice 4 bed with 5th bedroom on the way for well under 100k and that comes with so much land too.

Same size property in the gers area would have been 3 times the amount if not more depending on location. visitors when they see our place often think we paid allot more boased on prices where they come from an paid.

I think that we lost Alan, oh well.

I wish him luck with the house sale.

1 Like

No great loss then for us ‘idiots’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alan half took our advice :slight_smile:

https://www.propertysell.co.uk/properties/houses/are-you-seeking-a-country-property-with-space-to-breath-asse-le-berenger-2312.html

LOL - Useless ad, crappy pictures - not a clue!

I wonder if he’s including the tondeuse - we know the dog isn’t part of the sale.

3 Likes

The picture of the frozen field clinches the sale for me! Yuk…

Incredible…this man has a property at £320 00 and does the advertising (very badly) himself ! What is he trying to acheive ?

Not one decent photo of the house inside or outside. He obviously hasn’t taken the trouble to look at some of the examples/take some of the advice that was posted.

Good luck to him but I know that the property will linger a long time … I prefer ‘idiots’ to know it alls who don’t have a clue :wink:

2 Likes

Is the wood included with the tondeuse? The ‘banners’ for the ad are in a mix of English, Italian and French :grin:

James, I am sure, could have put him in touch with someone in the area who could have (for a fee of course) taken some proffesional photos and worded a much better ad. No good being a cheapskate about this, of course, IMHO, the price is much too high, again he could have had advice from a notaire and an agent and set the price between the two!

3 Likes

It’s the same text that he started this thread with.

It’s more trying to sell the dream, life in France vs life “on an estate with a small garden for the same money”, but anyone seriously looking won’t need the dream selling to them - they will already have bought into that part - however I don’t think what can be seen of the house is going to entice many people to enquire.

Mind you, it only takes one, if it’s the right one.

It’s certainly an interesting approach, I for one am highly intrigued, perhaps we’ll be drip fed the photos one by one. I wonder what will be next, the doormat maybe? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nooooo James, it’s got to be a table with half full glasses, breadcrumbs, crumpled napkins and an empty bottle of wine, that will really pull the punters :rofl:

4 Likes

Reckon it’s this place

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.1643707,-0.3222069,208m/data=!3m1!1e3

i like the line on the advert: If the house description has wetted your appetite the sale also includes,

1 Like

My favourite is …" Master bedroom has built in wardrobes with window skylights front and rear. All with radiators." !

Never seen wardrobes like that before :rofl:

3 Likes