Are you the "right age" for a drink-free day?

Perhaps I should have posted this is the “Age is only a number” thread… :wink::thinking:

1 Like

I do have drink free days. When I get home from this holiday I probably won’t drink for a week or so. I am fortunate that early shifts at work start at 7am so I can’t drink the night before one of those

Drink free days are the norm.

2 Likes

Common sense to drink less - alcohol is a poison, packed with calories, can become addictive and increases risk of cancer etc.

Generally speaking in our house every other day is a “drink” free day. I didn’t drink anywhere near as much in UK because of cost and having to work the following day. When OH goes back to UK each year to collect our online shopping, etc. I don’t even think about having a drink. I am of the opinion that drinking alone is not a good path to follow.

I just worry I may have a drink free day today, go shopping tomorrow morning and get run over by a Fire Engine, fat lotta good that did me :unamused:

3 Likes

Ha ha… Bill… Be sure to put on clean underwear… just in case… :upside_down_face::scream:

1 Like

Drink free every day here.

1 Like

:+1: :rofl:

I drink freely every day, does that count ?:beer::beer::beer::joy::joy:

4 Likes

On my mother’s side of the family there were 3 alchoholics and a couple more who gave it everything but fell at the final hurdle. So I well understand the dangers of alcohol but having just spent a couple of hours driving on twisting dangerous roads in the Corbiere hills I really need a drink…:beer:

2 Likes

Tell me more about these free drinks…

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perhaps I should rephrase? :thinking:

No - I’m sure not necessary. :wink:

1 Like

No, just post your address so that we can all turn up for a free drink there :wink::champagne::champagne::wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer::beers::clinking_glasses::tumbler_glass::cup_with_straw:

3 Likes

:+1: :yum:

1 Like

Sadly they do not know what increases the risk of cancer, they just use alcohol as a panacea for their ill researched paper. Plenty of people who for one reason or another do not and have not touched a drop and still get cancer.
Just another paper from a med student trying to reach notoriety, followed up by garbage printing media rags.

2 Likes

Not going to start an argument John but if the likes of Cancer Research UK etc say that drinking alcohol can increase the risk of cancer then that’s good enough for me.

2 Likes

If we believed all we are told we would stop breathing now.
I was misdiagnosed in UK when I was told i had an abscess, which was actually caused by the tumour in my breast and then misdiagnosed here in France when I was told I had secondaries in my lungs.
I am still here sixteen years later wearing my mastectomy as a badge of survival.
Brexit is enough to drive anymore to drink!

1 Like

Not looking for an argument Tim but with real science not touching alcohol would have to mean no cancer and it doesn’t sadly. Same with eating meat, not taking exercise. The good work done by cancer research is not furthered by this. Yes not drinking or to excess is probably healthier but the real cause, we will have to wait for.

2 Likes