As if one needed any further evidence that the US is broken

Yet, Yesterday they struck down the century-old New York law on concealed weapons. :roll_eyes:

Is there a country which is not broken?

We should feel fortunate that we are not obliged to live there.

Scandinavian countries seem pretty appealing.

I’m not a student of USA culture/politics etc, but for most of my adult life, my impression has been that the USA is a neurotic troubled country.

What’s going on now, and on so many fronts over there, seems to me to be utter madness.

1 Like

A legacy of the orange ex president

2 Likes

If I lived in New York, I’d want an M1 Abrams tank, not a concealed pistol.

Seriously though, the Supreme Court was never intended to have anywhere near this amount of power as it has zero public oversight.

It’s becoming the wild west with all the gun toting :scream: and over the last week Smith & Wesson stock surged! Doesn’t bode well with every Tom, Dick and Harry able to carry weapons - I wonder how many more minor disputes will now be solved with guns! Just ruled NY off the holidaying list :roll_eyes:

1 Like

which, frighteningly, is the model now being sought for the UK by de Pfeffle and his band of 40 lying cabinet thieves…

You’ll be wanting to avoid most Red States then, as they’re “shall issue” States for concealed carry permits.

And if civilians openly carrying firearms as they go about their daily lives puts you on Brown Alert, you should give Wyoming a miss for a start.

How is that any different than the current selection process for the UK’s Supreme Court?

I am not sure that stating the obvious about the US is particularly useful but rather considering what the consequences might be for the rest of the world.

Gun proponents, the NRA & republicans, say the best solution to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. But the data contradicts this. CNN…