Auto-Entrepreneurs chat (no specific topic in this thread)

Tracey's suggestion makes sense. I see this situation as a simple reimbursement of somebody else's expenses that I had to pay up front. Not income. It's like a personal loan :-)

When I was AE, I simply collected all the receipts and gave them direct to the client who reimbursed me in cash.

Oh yes Wendy, that too!

My only gripe is that by adding expenses to your invoice to a client, you are adding to your total annual revenue which is capped. For us it is 32,600. If a few thousand of the invoiced revenues actually relates to expenses, it seems a little unfair. Basically, your expenses are reducing your earnings potential. If you see what I mean...

That's it Emily, boost the bill a bit. However, in our case with a roughly €300 a day fee for a set 10 days it doesn't work, we came out around €500 out of pocket, but do the calculations and then you would see that even then we would need to add some to break even since the €500 would have had the stoppages too so nearly €140 gone and then some because adding that a part would go and before you know it the total for breaking even on the out of pocket €1600 would have to be around €720! Ow!

If your income is low then AE is the only way. I'm now a SNC and there's so much more to do, plus all the TVA at 5,5 and 20% and the charges sociales are not cheap. I'm on a minimum forfait of around 6k€ a year but that can easily double or triple once things are well underway :-O

The impôts on AE is calculated on only 50% of your turnover to make up for not being able to claim expenses ;-)

Apologies also for adding to the discussion in the wrong place, especially since it appears to have finished before I arrived :)

Emily, I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I do the same type of work. My particular bugbears are calls to foreign mobiles, postage charges and website hosting, occasional travel expenses and hotel bills. Like you, I just absorb the charges rather than add them in order to keep it fairer for the clients. Every so often I think to myself 'Right, this is it, I'll start an EURL instead!'' but then the expense and hassle in doing that, along with ongoing administration time and costs, makes me decide against it, so on I go as an AE, better the devil you know..

If anyone in a similar situation has started an EURL I would be very interested to know whether have found it worthwhile, or regret the decision etc. In another separate discussion of course :)

David, your add an 'A' idea is good BUT on a contract not so long ago, my OH and I both worked on it, she bought a 1k+ ticket to do the country visit and paid for the hotel, for which she was reimbursed as part of the payment. Our fees were a mere 3k. But lo and behold, because stoppages are against turnover we had the social and tax stoppages for the €1600 or so out of pocket expenses too. We enquired about some kind of allowance, explained very carefully but to no avail. It is a merciless system.

No, popping the dosh into one's account doesn't work when they demand to look at contract, invoices, receipts and bank statement. We have 'accidentally' tried that one on a small payment, we both used being foreign so did not understand to wheedle our way out of doing it, then paid up apologetically. As I said above, it is a merciless system and if there was a way of getting back one's own money then we would have been on to it some time ago.

Emily - they pay directly for the phonecards or other expenses ;-)

Hi everyone,

I have just registered as an Auto-Entrepreneur and received my email confirmation with a file number and saying that I will soon receive by post a detailed confirmation. I am receiving it today and it is giving me a SIREN Nr, and a SIRET Nr - What I am wondering is why at the bottom of the page it says under "Evènement": Réactivation d'une entreprise. Transmise par l'URSSAF.

Is all of the above normal? I am so worried to have given the wrong info when I applied and not being able to get out of it easily.

Thanks for replies and advice.

John

I've no idea what this notification is about. I went to the site and viewed the two PDFs but am none the wiser. They just seem to be certificates of some sort. The email reminding me to do m returns arrived on 29th - usually get about three weeks notice.

Hahaha. I had mine of course, but on the 29th saying I had until the 31st. Great, what about people away on holiday, ill in hospital and so on? Two days is very, very naughty in my opinion.

Thanks everyone. I never click through from an email, but the link seemed to be for the official site. So, off to find out exactly what it is. :-)

It's 100% legit ;-)

Sorry, I think everyone is right, I'm just overly suspicious :-)

I agree with John W. - I think it's genuine; it takes you to the bona fide net-entreprises.fr site.

Spam often has spelling mistakes - that's not the case here.

It's genuine
Open your autoentrepreneur account and follow the instructions

Not an expert, but link looks fake to me.

Morning all. I have received the following, apparently from URSSAF. Is it spam or real? thanks.

Bonjour,
L'Urssaf vous informe que vous avez reçu une attestation. Ce message est important et concerne la gestion de votre compte Urssaf.
Nous vous invitons à la consulter dans la rubrique « Echanges avec mon Urssaf », sous-rubrique « Mes attestations».
Pour accéder au portail, cliquez directement sur le lien suivant :
http://www.net-entreprises.fr/lautoentrepreneur/accueilgeneriquemdp.htm
Pour obtenir plus d'informations, vous pouvez contacter le 0811 011 637 (prix d'un appel local)

Cordialement.
Votre conseiller Urssaf

and everything's going to change again...well it's all up for discussion but the autoentrepreneurs' rep is uo for the change - a sort of levelling of the playing field between AEs and artisans. What ever they decide, nothing will happen until well into next year, voire plus tard encore...!