Auto-Entrepreneurs chat (no specific topic in this thread)

@Catherine,

Yes you can be an AE teaching English. I'm an AE and work as a freelance lecturer/formatrice.

You'd fall under the profession liberal section and your activité principale exercée would be formation continue d'adutes [code 8559A]

Hope that helps,

Antoinette

Sheila, have you filled in 2042 as well. You need to send 2042 C with it to the address listed on the 2042 - your Hotel des Impots.

Provided you have no other income to list that is it. Any money you receive from overseas goes on this form. It is quite normal to have many sheets of paper and only one line to fill in, keeps the functionnaires busy looking to see which square you have filled in.

Hi all, I used to be an AE for chambres d'hotes which I stopped officially Jan 2012. I would now like to set up to offer residential english courses. I have the rooms, the cooking qualification and 5 TEFL qualifications. I have had clients through an agency which I included with the Chambres d'hotes but no longer being registered need to make myself legal again. Does anyone know if AE includes teaching english as a freelancer? And if so what do they have it under? And if anyone is already doing this - what are the social charges etc., involved? That would be a big help! Thanks one and all :)

Hi all. I've downloaded Form2042 CK Pro and have completed it as per the Attestion Fiscale which I received a couple of months ago. Other than name and address + Siret No., I only had to fill in one box "5HQ". This seems quite ridiculous. Assuming that is all I have to do, having signed and dated it, where do I send it (and by RAR?). Thanks.

Can't find a definitive answer as to if you can suspend your activity except if it is seasonal. I would imagine it is best to stop it altogether as if you don't have any turnover for 24 months you are obliged to stop or change t a regular regime.

https://www.cfe.urssaf.fr/autoentrepreneur/CFE_Declaration

even if it does not need to be done, is it possible to do it?

no, nothing needs to be done but you must send in your quarterly declarations even if you don't earn anything/are not trading. The only down side is that you will eat into your three years cfe free period (professional tax) but that's all up in the air anyway as is the future of the AE scheme - don't worry, most probably just the usual hot air and threats, the scheme has been under threat from the start in 2009!

I was looking for a bit of direction, I have recently signed up as an AE but I will now not start trading for at least another year.

Is it possible to put your AE on hold? Or do you have to stop it alltogether?

Ian

thfcian@yahoo.co.uk

I'll just introduce myself briefly: I was in school (International Baccalaureate) in France in '90-'92, have been living here permanently since 2003 (celebrating 10 years in April), and on and off here for other periods since '92. I work as a freelance French into English translator (10 years of experience). Feel free to contact me via Survive France or by emailing myfirstname dot mysurname @ gmail.com, for translations and any questions about the ins and outs of living in France, if you're new in the country or otherwise.

Oh yeah, I live in Burgundy, in the Morvan area, having previously lived in Dijon.

Oh, yes I could try that. The office in Dublin is just down the road from where I used to live, so easy enough to sort out. Will send the fds to my sister and ask her to deliver them by hand.

i'm ayant droit and I sign the fds even thiugh darren us the ae. I put his details on as the social se curity number assured though. was I not meant to sign then? oops.

I don't know the Irish rules but I know for uk I claimed first year back from dwp in newcastle just sent off the fds and they sent me a cheque.

Thanks Tracy. I'm pretty sure I signed up with him as ayant droit - Not sure which bit of paper I should consult to make sure.

Sheila - warning bells, is Henry your 'conjoint collabourator' or is he your 'ayant droit' they're two different things.

The older ones are all French. Have been here almost 2 years. AS I only joined the system here in June, I wasn't going to send any older ones. Is it worth sending them?

little. see I still can't type on the tablet :)

you should be able to claim your older ones from Ireland ? I know the pain mine is a kittle hp, the cartridges cost more than the printer.

Thanks for the warning, Suz. Don't have a posh copier, just a little HP Photosmart print/copy/scan - a steal couple of years ago in Tesco for €55. So each page takes at least a minute. We've only got monthly feuilles/ordnances for the last 6 months, since I signed up as AE. They presumably won't pay for the older ones.

only an hour Sheila :) i've got a stack I keep meaning to do. Be careful you include the ordanance for any pharmacy ones and check tbe weight when posting. I had some returned as five sheets of paper was too heavy for the stamp!

Sheila
Keeping thinking reimbursement!!!
Have a good evening
Sarah