Auto-Entrepreneurs chat (no specific topic in this thread)

How can we mobilise to get our pints across to the government re AE changes? Is there a concerted plan afoot?

This is not good! http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/304374/les-auto-entrepreneurs-menaces-par-le-budget-2013/

If you haven't already signed the petition, may now is a good time? It can't do any harm. http://www.federation-auto-entrepreneur.fr/petition.php

Thanks for the advice.

Louise, the truth is that it is shrouded in mystery and what should happen does not seem to happen exactly that way and if we enquire about anything then it is likely we will get different responses from different people. If you get a Déclaration and have no income as yet, do as Sheila says. I have had periods without work at all, especially this year when I have been unable to work and NIL is all I can give them and there have been no questions.

I asked because I received a Déclaration Trimestrielle de recettes from the URSSAF with a date limite d'envoi for 31st Oct and I phoned them to be sure. I was told that I have until this date to pay the cotisations and declare my chiffre d'affaires, but still had a small panic that I should declare the chiffre d'affaires today for my first trimestre.

Not sure, Louise. I made my online application on 1st June and was sent a return to complete. However, I went online the other day and put in NIL as I had not actually earned anything (yet!) but it allowed me to make the return. Sorry I can't help more.

Louise, in principle yes because they want a full quarter's worth of returns. Theoretically, in a perfect world if you got your AE status the day before the end of a quarter you would get it then for the first entire one. I am not sure how it works if that happened. But I suppose we tend to get them after the first of a month so it knocks over to the second and complete quarter. It is a strange logic but it is easier to go with the flow.

Just a quick question. Is it right that when you start up your ae business your first declaration is not the end of the trimestre you started in, but is at the end of the following one?

The word is stubbornness as my late mother always said.

Congratulations Brian! I admire your perseverance!

OK, OK. Roughly 42 hours of that silly darned message and it has worked of a sudden. Thanks for the two numbers Sheila, they are (of course) only ever engaged. I had emailed and have an answer of the nature of 'there have been some difficulties owing to the number of payments being made, this has now be dealt with and normal service is now available'. I got outta there post haste and paid toute suite, to my relief.

However, to all newcomers. Do not forget to print your receipt. To PDF if you can, to file anyway and a paper copy to have handy. Just in case.

N.B. I have never had a single problem before. So this is perhaps a glitch. I actually come out €1 better off using their online calculation as well.

Don't wish to brag, but have just succeeded first time with making our declaration on line so it's selectively not playing it appears.

You are a saint Sheila, now let's see if they know what the hell is happening or have an answer...

Just found another number on the info they sent me: 0821 08 60 28, also 12c per minute

Net Enterprises 0820 000 516 (0,12€ la minute). Fax: 0821 020 121. Email: support@net-enterprises.fr

Not laughing, have done that yesterday morning. Phoned URSSAF, could hear shrugging of shoulders. they said phone net.enterprises directly but didn't have the phone number at hand. Some bloody helpful system!

Brian, I know this sounds daft but try clearing recent history from browser and rebooting.

Having read the comments on logging in online, I'm glad I've resisted the siren call that comes with each three monthly declaration to do it all the 'easy' way over the internet. It might cost 60 centimes or so to fire the paper declaration back to RSI along with a cheque but it's well worth the peace of mind that they aren't going to ambush my bank account with a directly debited sum that might bear only a passing resemblance to the actual sum due.

Pushing two full days and still only have the message: 'Vous n´avez pas accès aux déclarations pour le moment. Revenez un peu plus tard. Les délais d'accès pour chaque déclaration sont renseignés sur le site.'

I have tried after 2300, then again at 0500 this morning. This simply seems impossible, they are preventing people paying with this inefficient electronic system. Not clever.

If you haven't heard then fine, start again. We stuck with our first one until the 'formalities' were done, then changed. Thre months in after a row with the first one. It all ends up in the data that comes up when they use your Carte Vitale and when you change it catches up too