Automated toll tags

Sometimes there are considerable queues for the card and cash booths. It's great to be able to drive past them all even if it does only save 5 - 10 minutes!

I have been flashed by other English reg cars helpfully trying to tell me that I'm going to the wrong booth!

On a 500 mile road trip I prefer to have breaks in a service area or village, not in a toll booth queue...

On one trip our son was sat in the passenger seat as we approached a 30kph tele booth (he was unaware at the time that we had a tag) He was just about to shout "stop!" and assume the crash position when the barrier went up. "How the h**l did you do that?!" "Divine intervention" I replied.

I have a RHD car and don’t need to think about it. Is it really that much of a problem to get out of the car (which you only have to do if you’re on your own)? It’s expensive enough using the autoroutes without adding to it just because one is too idle to get out of the car occasionally!!

Really good if you have a RHD car! Think about it

Never understood the point of the toll tags. It actually costs you more to have one and the only thing it saves is (possibly) a bit of time when it’s busy, and the hassle (?) of having to slip a credit card into a slot. Pointless if you ask me.

Probably a flat rate for that road section, when you travel south from Rouen and go onto the A13 there is no toll both but one at the turn offs. I turn off for the A154 and a charge of 2.10E. I also use a tag

Just had a look at my account online. I was charged 70c from Tonnay charente - Rochefort - so that must be it.

So, if you didn't have a tag, and paid cash - I presume that you would pay at the point of entry ? We've done this route before but can't remember not going back through it.

Thanks for replies.

It is a fixed price toll there, very cheap about €2 from memory. It will get charged on your tag as normal. No need for a return

Oh that would make sense then. Will find out in a couple of !months when I get my bill. Thanks for the reply.