Available for work

Working all over France. Available for most types of work in renovation. Siret number and references upon request. I have my own camper van so accommodation is not necessary. Very reasonable rates

1 Like

Hello Michael and welcome to the forum.

Which French Department do you live in??

Hi Stella,

I am based on the border of the Dordogne and Correze but am happy to travel the length and breadth of France. Its more about seeing places for me.

Kind regards

Mike

2 Likes

Hi Michael,
I’m looking for someone to do some tiling, painting, and laying some decking on our small patio in Beziers. We also have other small jobs that we could include in the “bundle” of work if you were potentially interested. Can you let me know if you could be potentially interested in this kind of work ?

Kind regards,

Elise

Hello Michael,

We’re moving into our French home in September and we need a shower unit installing in the main bathroom in place of a bidet. Would you be interested? Our house is at Abjat-sur-Bandiat so not too far from your neck of the woods

Hi Elise,

Yes most definately! All tasks mentioned are well within my remit. If you could give me more details such as sizes of areas to be tiled, decked etc, perhaps with photos, I can give you an idea of time needed and a price.

Thank you for your enquiry

Mike

Hi Gillian

Yes, I am interested. Is it a cabin type or are you wanting a built in shower?

Kindest regards

Mike

Thanks for getting in touch Mike. We are measuring everything right now - as soon as I have all the measurements I will send them to you, along with some photos.

Speak with you again soon,

Elise

O.K. Mike I have more info - Basically I am looking for 3 quotes:

1. For the tiling of the kitchen walls/laying the decking in the patio/hole in the wall
  2. Separate quote for the additional jobs
  3. For both: 1 & 2 together (if you were to do them all)

1, The kitchen is built (we live in a 2 bedroom apartment), but we never got around to tiling the walls or the back splash. It is close to 10 Sq.Meters that needs to be tiled. We will probably use simple metro tiles, no mosaic work in the kitchen.

We have an outside patio (that is in awful condition, depending on your fee, we might also ask you to paint the walls of the patio) which is about 17 square meters. We were going to tile it, but like a lot of surfaces in old buildings, the cement ground surface isn’t perfectly flat, which is why we decided not to tile it. Decking should work, so the water gathered on it when it rains, can drain through the spaces of the decking to the drains on the ground.

We have a hole in the wall (yes, that’s right a HOLE) that was caused by our neighbor’s pipes dripping into our wall. He got the pipes fixed, but the concrete/plaster/and paint had to be removed to allow it to dry out. The size of the hole in the wall to be repaired is: approx. 5 sq. meters. It will need to be replastered and painted.

1. Additional jobs:
  • There is also the possibility of installing a glass bathroom door (with hinges, just like a normal door), we will order the glass, but we don’t know if they can install it.
  • Our small hallway (about 10 sq meters, and includes six doors) just needs to be painted (it is already plastered).
  • Painting of the outdoor walls of the patio.
  • One of the bathrooms has 3 shelves over the toilet, and is tiled with mosaics. We have never been satisfied with the mosaic work on these shelves in the bathroom (which is why we had the original guy stop tiling the rest of our apartment, he couldn’t line them up properly, it is crooked), and we would eventually like these shelves re-tiled, not the entire bathroom, just the three shelves above the toilet.

I hope this is enough information to get the quotes from you. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you very much and am looking forward to receiving your quotes at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Elise

Elise, just a suggestion, you can message Mike before you start to give private information to one another.
Good luck

3 Likes

Hi Mike,

Probably a cabin type but as we’re not at the property yet, we’ll have to wait and see what will work best. I’ll message you when we know more.

Thanks Gill

you’re Right, Thank you Lily!

Hello Mike are you prepared to give us your siret number…

that way prospective clients will be able to check your credentials and make sure that any work they are contemplating will be covered by the necessary 10 year Insurance thingy…

cheers

Hi Stella

Yes of course. I have attached a photo of the certificate

Kind regards

Mike

1 Like

Lol, tried to send two images but only allowed one!

Mike,
Would you be so kind to send me your quote(s) via email, safer for all. Also if you could provide your SIRET number and any references?

Many thanks,

Elise

1 Like

Hi Elise

My E mail address is blaikers61@msn.com
Could you send me yours and I will provide the information that you require

Kind regards

Mike

Mike… I’ve sent you a Private Message rather than speak here… please could you take a look and reply asap.

cheers

Hi Elise

It seems that my registration with the Chamber du Metiers has been cancelled.
I think that it may be due to me returning to the UK in 2016. I returned to France at the start of this year. I presumed my certificate to still be valid, it appears not.
I am in the the process of contacting the Chamber du Metiers. Hopefully it is a simple process to be reinstated.

Kind regards

Mike

1 Like