Avonline Satellite issues

Hello everyone, watch out as a geeky/tech question is coming… :slight_smile:

Subject : Avonline satellite issues:

Last few days can’t use/connect to Itunes, Twitter, Amazon or back up to Icloud. However other websites connect ok. Anyone else have any issues with this system?

Avonline has been taken over by another company Satellite Solutions Worldwide Ltd and I think they might have changed the protocols (specifically TLS)

Will try to phone (when wind is blowing in thr correct direction) :slight_smile:

Cheers

Martin

Same here in the Lot Martin with Europasat, could not get Amazon or eBay and no Icloud all last week, now most of the tourists have left we are nearly back to normal today, It was the same last year for the first two weeks in August.
When you think that all the Gites and B&Bs now provide wifi there’s just not enough signal strength to go round when they are full.

1 Like

Cheers Michael for the response.

My issue is just weird. Heavy duty sites like YouTube to stream, no issues but something like Twitter and viewing amazon, no deal. Same with icloud backup and signing into itunes. Is that similar with you?

Also, Europasat bought Avonline, so might be connected?

Cheers

Martin

Yes, No problem with you tube, could not download any apps, but watching Amazon prime was an ok, a bit slow some nights but watchable.
When I wrote that it was the same last year it was slow but it is a lot slower this year.

1 Like

I think the problems are due to the modem causing issues, with certain websites. Mostly the ones with http(s) on their address.

Tech support said no obvious issues but been chatting on another forum and someone else over here, as the same issue.

I think new company taking over old one, has caused problems…

Will keep you updated.

Martin

On line this morning, everything really fast and back to normal even downloading the apps is fast.
Good luck with your’s Martin.

1 Like

Same with me Michael, on and working at the mo, but I believe it’s a trap to lure me into forced security… :slight_smile:

It’s still slow but better than nothing.

Cheers

Martin

1 Like