Barclays phones to say French residents MIGHT not be able to continue with them

Just 'cos we’re not talking golf… :roll_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Stella, (sorry for the delay),
as I understand it from my discussion with Barclays: 1) no one knows what is going to happen, and what the results will be; 2) Barclays phoned me to tell me that there was the POSSIBILITY that in the event of Brexit, and if no ‘passporting’ deal was reached, that Barclays would be obliged to close my account because I do not have a UK address.

YUP my problem is that I do not have a UK address.

I wonder just how likely this “possibility” is… of actually happening… heard not a dickie bird from our branch of Lloyds (and, no, we do not have a UK address).

Could well be Barclays jumping up and down… :zipper_mouth_face:

Hello everyone,

is it just me, or did other Barclays customers recieve the Brexit letter, possibly confirming my earlier post?

I’m a Barclays customer but have never changed my address with them so all correspondence goes through my mothers house. Thus no letter so far.

How come such a huge bank as Barckays appear to have a problem whilst my much smaller Bank ( Co-op ) have said -and always said in numerous phone calls-that there will be no problem?

1 Like

A lot of the banks - investment and high street, have moved some of their staff or just their current processes to other administrative locations in Europe to cope with the dreaded Brexit.

Many banks have not moved staff at all - now they have stopped scaremongering, they have applied their collective intelligence and worked out how to get round the passporting issues.

I would be surprised if any of the UK banks did actually close accounts, they may try to get you to have an international account - that probably results in more money / charges for their greedy pockets

1 Like