BBC Internet Radio Gone

Well, we both know which of your buttons to press, don’t we? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

4 Likes

I once had an extended test drive in a Chrysler Voyager. I disliked it for many reasons, one of which was every time I got in or out I banned my head on the A pillar which was highly swept back. When I mentioned this to the salesman, while rubbing the tender lump that had developed on my cranium, he had an answer: “Don’t worry, Sir - you’ll soon get used to it.”

When foibles are actually design flaws, avoid!

1 Like

Why should they :thinking: it might help others with similar problems in the future, no one forces you to read any of their comments.
If it annoys you so much don’t read the topic or their posts, simples :wink:

3 Likes

Absolutely, and after the first tantrum which was decrying the fact that we were hogging the thread and somehow denying others the chance to talk :astonished:, we were silent for 6 whole days. Not a single other person had anything they they wanted to say that we were preventing them doing so. Just because someone starts a thread, doesn’t mean they own it, I have started many which have drifted to other spheres entirely but I don’t mind, I can bring it back on track if I want to. You @gregca obviously have nothing further to add.

@_Brian you are correct, and if nothing else we have done a good job. I am considering sending a link of this thread to them. Maybe they will realise it too and make it better in the future.

It isn’t too late @Bonzocat but I won’t send mine back, now that I have got my head around it, and the next one from a different maker, might be just as bad. :wink:

2 Likes

True. I shall grow to understand and love my new Roberts despite its ‘foibles’.

I’ve had three Renault Clios while in France and always step backwards just a mite to avoid the top of the door knocking my eye out when opening the door. Gotten used to it, second nature now.

Link sent to Martijn Anneveldt at Roberts. Maybe they will change their ways, maybe not. :grinning:

Apologies to him, I may have inadvertantly changed his gender. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Let’s hope Martijn sends a thoughtful reply. One of the marks of a great company is how well it responds to public criticism.

1 Like

Well he’s got something else to explain now.
Just went to it to change the time. Done, no problem, but now it’s stuck on main menu and nothing I can do will shift it, what’s more when I press mode it takes me to all the choices including ‘internet radio’ but the icon is blacked out.
By the time he follows the link here tomorrow, if he does, he will see this comment too. If something isn’t sorted soon I will change my mind and it will be winging its way back to Amazon.

Unplug it, then replug it - it gets its knickers in a twist sometimes, like computers do, and needs a restart.

Thanks but I have done that several times since it happened the last time I plugged it back in, 5 minutes ago, it had been off for 2 hours.

Just remind me, the official way to go back out of the main menu, is to press the back button, isn’t it? :roll_eyes:

I suppose I could do a factory reset, the clock on standby has gone back to an hour ahead again anyway and I could get the main preset back I suppose.

If it isn’t fixed by tomorrow noon I will be talking to Mr. Amazon about a refund.

The button with three horizontal lines is the menu button which if you press will show ‘Internet radio’ and ‘last listened’ and you can scroll down several settings to ‘system settings’ at the bottom of the display screen. The back button will retrace whatever earlier buttons you have pressed.

I don’t know if you have the full manual but here it is - if you copy and paste this into your computer browser you’ll see the full manual online which you can download if you want to.

file:///D:/Downloads/Stream%2094L%20Issue%202%20guide.pdf

1 Like

Thanks, System Settings then whatever in there and then the back button takes me back to System Settings in the main Menu and then no further. That’s what I did in the first place after re-setting the correct time.

Funny about the missing icon in the mode screen, no chance to see if it is connected though without testing a preset.

I’ll download that manual, see if there are any clues there.

Are you saying that the ‘internet icon’ - top left - doesn’t show as in this diagram? Copied from the manual…

Yes the top left square is left blank. BTW I get a message saying can’t get access to that link you gave me.

Try this one…

http://www.aeldownloads.com/robertsradio/userguides/Stream%2094L%20Issue%202%20guide.pdf

@Bonzocat and @David_Spardo
Looks like you’re having fun.
Very entertaining, though some grouchy so & so doesn’t think so?
Looking forward to seeing you both on the good news tread, with a cry of Eureka! After you’ve collectively tamed this Robert’s beast.

1 Like

Got it, had a look through, nothing relevant under troubleshooting, and no mention of the method of getting out of a menu that doesn’t want to be got out of.
Just as an aside, did you get this with your radio or have you downloaded it separately? Just wondered, because the first thing it says is ‘Please read this guide before use’

Nice of them. :roll_eyes:

Thanks for your help though, I’ll see what they or Amazon say tomorrow. :smiley:

I think I just downloaded it at will, but if you look inside the paper manual under heading ‘What is in the Box’ it says to get onto their website if you wish to download the full user guide. But it’s not very prominently shown, just in two lines of small text.

Good luck with Amazon & Roberts tomorrow.

I listen to Radio 4 on my car radio close to the Pyrenees simple just turn the left hand big switch to the right never heard of a robert radio seems expensive and useless