Be interesting to hear TMs response to Boris's remarks!

Peter you have twisted everything I have said and made it something completely different to reality. Please do not presume anything about me , my beliefs, politics etc. I am not worried or anxious I expressed an opinion as is my right and saw everything run out of control. The comments you made about me could in other circumstances lead to the loss of my livelihood. Please think about that sort of thing in the future before you play your games

1 Like

I think Barbara’s Freudian slip is bang on the money… you get knifed, you get scarred…

2 Likes

Thank you.

Just trying to induce some mirth to a most depressing thread, wasting my time as usual.

1 Like

I think what’s important here is understanding where the line is with free speech between humour and hate.

Its so fuzzy now people need a policy document.

I saw a John Cleese interview on an American chat show and it predates the Boris incident. He used the joke examples which are about the French, Italians but “in America you don’t joke about Mexicans - why?”

Should politicians use humour - certainly.

I think we all need a chuckle…

Not at all, Tim. You Boldly go, where no man etc etc. Yours was a worthy and timely effort, if not one of your most beautifully crafted. Deffo worth being mentioned in dispatches.

Steady the Burqas! :funeral_urn: (it’s an urn but the closest I could get :confused:)

Scarry on scarrying on! :+1::100:

Or a bit stupid Babara, perhaps? :roll_eyes:

Nellie, I’m sorry you take my apology like that. I have absolutely no idea what you mean about your loss of livelihood, but I assure you that nothing I have said has any bearing on it.

I do not play games. I am committed to justice in human affairs and the right of people to live free of racial, religious or other persecution. If we are at odds over that so be it.

When I was living and working in NWFP and I wanted to go out and about by myself and go places I wasn’t supposed to be I put on my chaddri (the burqa in the third picture above) very convenient. The foreign film crews and all sorts of others going illicitly into Afghanistan wore them too.
I still have mine.

1 Like

Yup :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally I see no problem with people wearing whatever they choose, the issue of whether some are forced to wear a Burka is different, how are we to know that’s not simply personal choice?

BJ has deliberately chosen to offend purely to challenge the Tory leadership, it remains to be seen whether this will work but he is playing a dangerous game as his comments have upset a lot of voters and more importantly many members of the SFN.

1 Like

Which just goes to show that they can be used to conceal identity, no matter what Peter says.
Witnesses are notoriously unreliable, so looking for tells is ok if you have the time, but we see what we expect.
Rachel Johnson in her column says that her brother has not gone far enough and that she would ban them as they dehumanise women.

1 Like

Boris is acting like a court jester and that is not what you want or respect as a politician.
Not every one takes these matters seriously.

But I feel that any form of racism damages UK and all its hopes of a united country
with every one working together to keep it great.
But Brexit has taken UK steps back with banishing, hating, segregating and brewing of mistrust.
So Tim this is all boring
But it is real and it hurts some of us to see people acting like this.
Most of us are in a chosen country and happy here;
Despite every thing 2019 is going to be very bright for me but I still have hopes that UK will find its way and that people can live in peace and harmony.

As you will note Jane I feel that I do not agree with concealing faces but I do not agree with mocking people s religion or beliefs and he has not behaved in a manner I would expect from a politician worthy of respect and to lead a country.

I find it odd that many are outraged by Johnson’s comments but think that women shouldn’t wear the Burka which ironically is something that he is not suggesting should be banned, nowt so queer as folk.

2 Likes

Oh yes Tim you have missed the point.

1 Like

As usual!

1 Like

What exactly is the point though, what he said, the motive or that someone in his supposed ‘postion’ should think before they speak?

@barbara_deane1 and @Jane_Williamson, you could be twins!:grinning:

What are you talking about Tim…really.
You will notice that Jane and I do not have the same idea about many things;
However you choose to disagree with everything I say.
What is your problem,We both have/do cook professionaly and take in clients as

paying guests and we are British. We have never met and we do not look alike.