Beans for drying

I’m looking for a recommendations of a variety of beans that are good for drying to be then used over the winter in stews, and soups etc, and where to buy them…preferably via an online seller.

1 Like

This sort of thing is what we grow

4 Likes

I would definitely second @JaneJones suggestion there, @strudball . We always grow borlotti beans - they are great substitutes for red kidney beans as well as straightforward haricots. Having said that, we usually grow soissons as well but borlottis are a must.

Added: - we are great fans of Rose Elliott’s refried beans recipe and borlottis are stars in that one.

1 Like

1 Like

We went to Soissons to try to find the bean garden. Which the woman in the Tourist Office had never heard of, despite it actually being about 2 minutes away as we discovered. Very disappointing, just a very few badly cared for beans so bore no relation to the story of the cathedral surrounded by rampant beans,

1 Like

Hi, thanks for that suggestion.
Friend and I had a big order from Baumaux including lots of sundries and their excellenf seed growing medium…3x25ltr all with fixed P&P at €7.50 so good value and here in 10 days. I’lll add these to my imminent second order, well recommend them.

1 Like