Beautiful 13 room Maison de Maitre - Bargain price

Excellent opportunity to purchase this beautifully presented 19th century Maison de Maitre (Mansion house) with 10m x 5m swimming pool. Family owned for the last 10 years. Only 35 minutes drive from Toulouse Blagnac International airport.

THE INTERIOR

The 380 sq.m. property consists of: Three reception rooms. Five Bedrooms (four with marble fireplaces Five Bath/shower rooms (two with dressing rooms) Two separate toilets, Library, Formal Dining Room with large fire place, Dining Room (off Kitchen) Large Laundry/wine cellar, Fully fitted kitchen with Lacanche Range Cooker (Gas/electric ovens), granite worktops and large island, 2 Pantries, 2 living rooms, large study, lots of original features including wooden staircases with ornate iron banisters, Electric heating but also coal/wood fireplaces throughout. Fully double glazed windows, keeps warm in winter and nice and cool in Summer.

Living space is dispersed over two levels with matching wooden staircase leading to a third (attic) level which is fully floored and has huge potential to be converted into a very spacious living area. It has electricity supply (approx. 200 sq.m.).

EXTERIOR/GARDEN

Double garage with workshop, Cuisine d'ete, Garden Shed, Electric entrance gates, Irrigation system for the garden from original well fitted with electric pump and also ideal for filling swimming pool free.

Terrace shaded with grape vines on south face of house. Palm trees, fruit trees, rose arches, lavender hedge and many more landscaped plants and bushes. There is a large swimming pool (10m x 5m).

THE LOCATION

The house is almost equidistant from the three small towns of Auterive, Saverdun and Lezat-sur-Leze all offering restaurants, shops, hyper-markets and excellent facilities. The nearest train station with free parking is Cintegabelle only 8 kms away with a frequent service North to Toulouse and South to Pamiers, Foix and Ax-les-Thermes (Ski resort).

There are many places of interest involving a short trip from the house or a full day’s excursion. This is a region of Cathar Castles, caves (some with prehistoric paintings), bastides (fortified villages), Romanesque churches, markets, pageants and festivals during the Summer.

Situated on a corner plot, encompassing the practicality of being in the heart of a well developed village with the privacy that one should expect from a house of this calibre.

THE VILLAGE

The village of Gaillac Toulza has a post office, bar/pizza restaurant, boulangerie, boulodrome and hair dresser. There is also a primary school. The nearest secondary school is 10 minutes away in Saverdun. A free school bus takes children to and from school. It is only a 35-40 minute drive to central Toulouse and Blagnac International Airport. The towns of Saverdun and Auterive are a 10 minute drive from the house and offer all amenities including hyper-markets, banks, restaurants, bars, cinemas, etc.

The Pyrenees are easily accessible and a short drive will reward you with breathtaking views and wonderful walks. Also, a short stroll up the hill from the village and you are rewarded with beautiful views of the snow capped Pyrenees. The village is surrounded with beautiful sunflower fields.

This house can also be run as a luxury gite rental as one wing of the house could easily be separated into a private apartment and this provides a very good income.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Genuine reasons for the reluctant sale of our much loved home in the sun. Priced for a quick sale as must sell in 2016.

2 Likes

Dear Madam, Dear Mister,
My name is Hélène ROUSSALI and I am your local Agent for Leggett Immobilier.
Leggett Immobilier is an established FNAIM registered Estate Agency, as seen on UK TV, which offers an INTERNATIONAL PUBLICITY via our websites and in many UK and European publications. We ensure details of all properties for sale are available to the widest possible market and seen by as many potential buyers as possible.
We pride ourselves on our pro-active approach to matching buyers to suitable property.
I and a team of multi-lingual colleagues would ensure that the selling/buying process from mandate through to signing and exchanging contracts, is carried out professionally, efficiently and with as little stress to our clients as possible.
Send me an e-mail ou give me a call. I will be happy to explain how we can help you.
You have nothing to lose. If you’re selling, listing a property on our website is FREE ; if you’re buying, we can help you find the right property for you !
I hope to meet you soon.
Best regards,
Mme Hélène ROUSSALI
Agent commercial indépendant
Leggett Immobilier
SIRET 818 881 864 00016
(+33) 06 63 08 11 22
helene.roussali@leggett.fr

Helen …what is the bargain price please?

Are you near Caujac?
And please state your asking price.
Thanks you.

1 Like

What’s the price @Ralph_Andre_Phanjoo ?