Best blender?

Quite, have you ever considered a full frontal lobotomy Brian ?

Whits tha' Petie laddie? Ye Sassenachs cannae roll yur rrrs or mak noise in yur throat like the Scots ch an yon Dutch g, sae whit dae ye say tae tha'?

I have a Kenwood Smoothie Concert - its excellent - makes smoothies, soups etc - and its cheap. Had it 2 years and no problems. I don't know about ice-crushing - try a hammer and a tea-towel ! I'm not sure what you mean by a cup blender.

I use Amazon a lot - firstly I try amazon.fr for what I want and check the price and postage; then I check amazon.co.uk for price and postage and 90% of the time their products can be posted to France, often cheaper than the french amazon for some daft reason.

Difference is, the Dutch speak better english than the Scots !

Have used a Nutribullet and it's fabulous!

I'll confirm that. You simply come from the flat bit that stayed behind when the mountainous bit floated away and we collided with England (where we continue to collide).

We are the Scots of the continent. And proud to be stingy!

Hola, yo tengo un Magic Bullet Blender ase 10 años, y lo que puedo decirte estas fantástico, no se estropea casi nunca, y por el precio que tiene, pienso es lo ideal para ti. Y pica muy bien el hielo. Lo puede encontrar en Ebay.

I’ve got a Thermomix, expensive but worth every penny. Does everything- crushes ice, grinds flour, makes and cooks soup, makes sorbets and ice creams, mixes perfect sponge cakes, blends, chops, steams, you name it , it does it! In fact it’s every kitchen gadget you’ll ever need all rolled into one!

"Being Dutch........." complete the phrase...

"Being Dutch, I am very careful with my money" !

Hi again Greg, Happy New Year to you, I hope business is ok - best wishes mate

Minus the post and packaging, I often find Amazon Fr cheaper prices, free delivery and quicker, so always happy to use them. €100 is about £77 right now, that is a big difference.

It seems the SFN site gives an automatic link to the Kenwood BL710 on Amazon UK, where it is 120 GBP, but I got it from Amazon FR for about 100 euros.

I think a lot of makes are good, my sister has a Magimix which is fine. Kenwood are good solid and reliable and spares very easy to get if something breaks.

Amazon UK will deliver the Heston Sage blender for £7.49 to France. My mum has the Heston Sage Juicer and its very good quality. I would love one myself but can't justify the price tag at the moment...perhaps my hints to my dear mum about how wonderful hers is will one day result in one arriving chez moi ;)

Sorry, Catherine, but for a first blender, of which I'm not certain I'm going to really use it a l lot, that is a bit steep. As a blender and smoothy novice I decided to follow Brian's advice and go for the Kenwood BL710. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I have a Magimix blender which so far so good, but bought my son a Nutribullet as a wedding present which he is delighted with…both easy to clean.

A Vitamix every time - it is FANTASTIC. When James bought it, I thought it was a lot to spend on a blender but it is so easy to use, indestructible and POWERFUL that I use it daily - so the cost per use has worked out far cheaper than previous blenders we've had. It will happily do things like crush ice and make peanut butter.

It is incredibly easy to clean too - just rinse and go - and has a 7 year warranty. My last blender cost just over 100 quid and died two months after the 12 month warranty expired. So do the maths!

The Kenwood range are fantastic without the high price of a designer name but no guarantee that makes it any better than any other model.

1. Amazon UK delivers to France. Check both sites, France and UK.

2. The bench grinder by Kenwood crushes ice

Just took a look at their blender site, 14 models do ice: http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-int/products/blenders/blenders