Best (or just OK) French car insurance company

Very important, with AXA the quote for the first year is never for 12 months. Instead it is the premium from the start dare to the next renewal date (which is often the 1st of a month or the 1st if January) and there is often 1 or 2 months difference (potentially much more if the renewal is January the 1st) the first because of that logic (which is almost AXA specific)… another potential explanation. Full disclosure here => I’ve been in business for 5 years and can count on my hands the number of time when I was presenting with an offer I could not beat so this is definitely possible but most of the time the price difference is because of a different statement (but maybe mine was incorrect both ways are possible).

Never forget that all agents and brokers are sales agent (including me) and most of the time their main goal is to get another customer not to make sure your statements or assumptions are correct and all will go to the option which will increase their chances of getting the business.

Am I different? Yes and no. Yes I need to make money (and we try to be as transparent as possible with our fees) but also no because we’re a small team and if I were to win all the leads I get I simply couldn’t handle it so we only make a deal when the situation is perfectly clear and we know exactly what we’re insuring whilst ideally providing some general advice in the meantime (which is not as shiny as it sounds we simply try to explain how the French market or rules are to avoid potentially unpleasant surprises further down the road).

There is business for everyone and that’s also why we never chase for new business (quite the opposite as instead of sending “reminders” to pursue old leads we send “closing your file” emails to say we’ll close it for now and won’t send further emails unless they get back in touch of course).

1 Like

I was insured through a broker (before Fabien) for car insurance and was «tempted» by my bank to insure with them as they would be «cheaper». Well, they were but only for the first premium. When renewal time came, the premium was considerably hiked up. @fabien commented about comparing apples with apples and this was the case in point here. The Bank initially insured us for an incomplete year - to the end of that year in fact but the renewal was then for a complete 12 months so it appeared cheaper - but the reality was - it wasn’t cheaper at all! We then went back to our original broker (who then unfortunately died) and, as they say, people buy from people. His replacement was nothing like as good or efficient which prompted us to consult fabien. Any concerns about pricing have been fully explained to our satisfaction. Policy terms and conditions are often different between insurers and not always obvious to the punter except by fine examination of the small print so beware. Insurance isn’t cheap but can work out to be very expensive when you make a claim and the insurer withdraws the policy because of a mistaken understanding or a fault in the uberrima fides element of the proposal.
edit: My post crossed Fabien’s making the same point about timing…

Thank you Fabien for your response. My insurance is 7 days short of 12 months. I hope not to fall foul of any of the possibilities you have detailed as my declarations were clear and honest. We will see.

1 Like

Your statements were most definitely clear & honest, I’m just never 100% certain that agents are 100% clear & honest with the statements they make you confirm (sign) that’s all :wink: But I like to be proven wrong that means the insurance industry is being more honest and trustworthy so I would see each situation as a win (from my perspective) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

HI Tess,

Give my Insurance agent a ring on 0545371433 & his name is Thibault Roche & his agency is Allianz.
Explain to him that your car is registering with ANTS & he should be able to insure you.

If you want any further help then contact me 0753246471
w.cooper16@gmail.com

@William_Cooper is it really a good idea to publish your telephone number and email address on an open public forum?
and did you read the thread about email hacks -

@cat

3 Likes

Very scary, basic internet security advises to never put your address, full name, email or phone number on line. Too many ways to be used.

@cat is it possible to blank out those details in the post by @William_Cooper to preserve his security as he has not responded to/may not have seen my post?

1 Like

Hi Draham,

If I didn’t do that then how does somebody contact me ?

Easy… you’ve already provided the information about the Insurance Agent and if someone wants more info from you «privately» they can DM you and you can respond accordingly so it’s not in the open forum. They DM you by clicking on your nic «William Cooper» (by the side of your avatar) or your avatar and selecting image
Besides all of that, the OP seems content with the information provided about Fabien - the in-house insurance expert :wink:

2 Likes

ok point taken.

@William_Cooper You’re welcome - security on the internet is always a concern and the smallest of information can help build a picture for those with ill-intent…
you can edit your post by selecting the image icon under it.

1 Like

cheers

1 Like

Thanks @graham!

My dad has just had his car cloned and found out when he received 16 fixed penalty notices from Hackney council. When he looked at the photo he discovered it was a Peugeot estate and not saloon but he is still having fun trying to explain to the powers that be that it wasn’t him!

You can’t be too careful!

No, you can’t although some seem to believe they are immune and post private info anyway… It’s unbelievable what detail can be obtained from just a snippet here and another there to which many can attest after they’ve had their identity stolen… scammers are becoming more and more sophisticated in their quest and how they use data.

Using the “mail” facility as Graham explained.

@William_Cooper might be interested in the following (US hackers might have an easier time than EU hackers but it is still worrying just how much data can be found online).

Or

1 Like

and to add to the helpful links from @anon88169868 there was a program on TV not long ago where some poor innocent punter was scammed only to find that her sim was cloned and used multiple times to take out rental agreements on a number of high end iPhones and the like - completely untraceable back to the perpetrator of course but a nightmare for the honest victim!

Don’t know why I bother if people won’t act…
Maybe it’s a (not so) subtle way of advertising a business :thinking:
seems William Cooper did own a transport business in 16 but has since been deregistered

It is OK Graham, I’ve had the time to flog most of his vital organs, for collection later, on the transplant grey market, and book myself a couple of holidays as well as take out a few loans.

3 Likes

better price paid whilst they’re still warm and «on the hoof» so to speak :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like