Best Smartphone for France?

I lurve my (idiot proof) I phone and its easy to type on and have a good package with Orange - i get an hours worth of calls, unlimited calls to 3 orange numbers and internet - 30€ a month. When we looked, Orange seemed to be about the best - hope this helps x

Thanks for info so far - has anyone seen any good ‘deals’ on packages around? I am same as Kathryn and wont really use phone for calls but want to me able to check email/twitter etc when I am not at my desk.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I would give this serious consideration if I were currently in the market for a new phone. Specifically the phone not necessarily the package.

http://mobile-shop.orange.fr/telephone-portable/htc-desire

I think the main difference between Apple and others is that the Apple iPhone uses a very good quality touch screen. Otherwise I doubt there much to choose between them.

If you go with a Blackberry go for a Torch with the full screen and sliding keypad. The storm is difficult type using its keyboard.
The Apple is the flavor of the month. Given time and its closed architecture it will go the way of the Beta video recorder.

Eeerm - I replied and then lost the post - that’s how web 2.0 I am

Will reply tomorrow ladeez xx

I can’t believe no-one’s got any advice for us! Even if it’s which ones to avoid…

I’d like to know as well please if anyone is up on all these things. I see a mobile phone as an emergency just for me but from next Spring I’m going to be working as an independant tour guide and so will need to be able to check and respond to my emails while out and about.

Cant help but will be following this with interest as I am in exactly the same position!

Do store in france offer the same extended warranty conditions from sellers?