Big boys toys

When i started this thread back in January 2010, scary innit over three years ago :-) , I tried to ask which 'Big boys tools' were now essential in France in comparison with those you had in the UK, I would respectfully suggest that the majority of Petrol powered garden implements were a new purchase, Tho' The petrol heads on two and four or more wheels would still have had their toys in the UK.

Tis thread, Vic, for darning my socks.

I have a fine collection of boys' toys, and gadgets. just giggled when I opened the thread and saw a strimmer as a boy's toy. I looked for the pink flowery one, in Stihl, but they only had "manly orange", so I had to take it.

they do pink flowery gloves, hammers, and gardening toold now though. I feel so liberated, lol.

"Sorry boys, but as a girl, I find your toys sorta boring."

Probably why!!

I must admit though , that looking at your picture, you do seem to use some rather large yarn to knit with.

Only joking. Don't start on me!!!!!!

vic

Hi Bruce there are plenty of schools that do bike tuition i suggest you contact one and get out there riding in France is fantastic how difficult the test is here i dont know it is quite difficult to get a licence in the uk now luckily i passed in 1964 it was so easy then been riding ever since

Most of the things listed here are not really "boys' toys", they are just essentials of living for me, and we have the mower, the strimmer, the chainsaw, and the generator, not to mention our high capicity compressor, that we possibly could not live without.

i was thinking more along the lines of buggys, motorbikes, and powerboats and jetskis.

Sorry boys, but as a girl, I find your toys sorta boring.

Here is my 1978 Honda 400F.Still needs some polishing and he side covers need repainting Adrian

Nice bike. It reminds me that I've been meaning to ask about the difficulty of getting a motorcycle license here. I lost my endorsement on my US license years ago and since I hadn't ridden in years, it wasn't a big deal. I had a Sportster in my younger days but now, well, my wife isn't too thrilled with the idea but ever since we landed in France, I've been getting the itch to ride again.

There is a thriving Triton club of France plus one or two other hybrides, one of which is a Tribsa which resides in my garage along side my kawasaki ZZR , Tribsa was built in 1968 by myself, the ZZR is 1990 the ZZR has seen most of europe lovely bike for touring never missed a beat

Imagine my surprise upon arriving in France to hear the rumble of a Harley coming from my neighbor's house across the chemin. I thought this was the land of cafe racers.

Can't beat that Glen.

Aw - that's so nice!

I wish! She,s got the energy but lacks the technical aptitude.( & the leg length to reach the tractor pedals).She is brilliant with a spade, fork & wheelbarrow & has endless enthusiasm for her horses, chickens & our pooch. She also runs the local keep fit/zumba club & still has enough energy in reserve for me. Suits me fine.

vic

Is the younger wife so that she has the energy to operate all the power tools? Just askin... :)

65 hp tractor with hydraulic forks, girobroyer, ride on mower, chainsaws, hydraulic logsplitter, most powertools, Honda cb 750 custom bike, vintage electric guitars, drum set & a wife who is 10 years younger than me. (not neccessarily in that order in case the wife reads this) Oh! & I've just started radio controlled model planes!

I plan to begin acquiring toys later.

vic

That's an interesting contrast for me because, as a 'yoof', I realised that the two extremes were that you could either learn how to do everything yourself, and enjoy the processes and satisfaction of those achievements, or you could concentrate on making heaps of money and pay other folk to do the work. I chose the former, but I'm making no judgement of the latter choice. It takes all sorts.

Nice beastie!

When we built our last house in Exeter, Herself always referred to my 4 tonne mini-digger as "The kitchen" because, once the main structure was done, that's what it got flogged to pay for...

I'd rather have a digger than a kitchen... but then, I'm a completely rubbish cook.

Best thread ever. Whos been peeking in my garage, utility room !! dont forget the rachet spanners, chemical solvents, and assorted thingamergigs to fix things that go wrong!! oh just off to repair the washing machine door

My caterpillar tracked snow blower --Ferrari red with five forward and two reverse gears! Ever since I got it I've almost prayed for snow and I get very annoyed when there isn't enough to justify getting the beast out of the shed.

Finally a man after my own heart!1 I own a 1977 Honda 400F; a 1978 Honda 185 CM Twinstar and a 1983 Suzuki GS650L as well as a 1969 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 and a 1973 MG Midget.Adrian (Talk about being as motorhead!!) Wen I lived in Ice, I used to go the Monaco GP.