Good News - Generosity is alive and well

Always nice to read about generosity - I’m sure the students will be thrilled.

3 Likes

Maybe a new trend starting?

Yes, I know this is not a one-off, but I could not find my other post - thanks to you, I have located it.

Anyway, let’s hope there are more who are not afraid to “give something back”

And this one just today.

3 Likes

Sorry Stella, I missed your original post :roll_eyes:

No, seriously, thanks… I searched and got nowhere…:smiley:

1 Like

To rain a bit on the parade … Good tax-cut & good PR. :zipper_mouth_face:

The world needs rain as well as sunshine :upside_down_face:

Let’s be glad about where the money is going - it could have been spent “backing Trump” or worse (if such is possible) :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Does it really matter?

2 Likes

Well I reckon we can all do an equivalent bit. If you have billions, then 40mill is easily doable. If you have hundreds, then a few pounds is possible. Especially with the french tax concessions it becomes very easy. And I rather like giving money that would otherwise have gone to the tax man to humanitarian causes.

I don’t think generosity has a minimum threshold does it?

1 Like

Of course it doesn’t Jane. I’m sure most of us support good causes if and when we can… even if in a small way, and it does all add up.

There are billionaires and the like - who prefer to guard their money - which is their right. However, a billionaire making a substantial donation/gift - in my view that really can change lives at a stroke. :hugs:

This was a wonderful gesture.

1 Like

This deducts what they pay in taxes, i.e we need to pay more. Granted, money might go to a good cause. I cannot find the information on how much help organisations need for ‘administration’, what I remember seeing, it is quite a lot. I personally knew of one ‘president of a help organisation’ father financed it and daughter ‘managed’ the help. Not quite kosher setup.

But, the ‘widow’s mite’ is worth more, Jesus said.

a joke, right?

Nope!

1 Like

Everyone who gives - is to be commended- as far as I am concerned.

I do find it sad that, in some people’s eyes, a rich man can never be generous. :thinking:

Not knocking their generosity at all. Just saying that those who cannot afford a lot but still give, get little, if any, recognition
Those with loads, give lots (and don’t miss it, and get tax breaks, no doubt) and get loads of recognition.
I wish more and more ‘rich’ people would give more and more.

1 Like

Sadly, you had personal experience of something “not quite kosher”. Presumably, as it was no secret - they got their come-uppance ???

Thankfully, there are other organisations which ARE kosher.

There will always be good and bad - I am hopeful that there are more of the former than the latter.

Here’s an interesting article re donations:

…“They transferred all of their income, it appears — with the exception of a small amount — to, basically, themselves,” Owens said. “It is extremely unusual to see this sort of expenditure from a public charity.”…