Bizarre Book Titles

Bizarre Book titles No 12 “Play with your own marbles”…I would if I could find them…

Really!

Bizarre Book Title No 10 “Scouts in Bondage”

Reposting No 8 which was incomplete “New Guinea Tapeworms and Jewish Grandmothers” http://www.amazon.com/New-Guinea-Tapeworms-Jewish-Grandmothers/dp/0393304264 just to prove it’s real!

Bizarre Book Titles No 9 “Premature Burial and How It May Be Prevented” published 1896

Excellent!

Bizarre Book Title No 5 “The book of Marmalade, its Antecedents, History and Role in the World Today”

Bizarre Book Title No 4 “The Joy of Chickens” - am picturing cover featuring two chickens on a bed…the bloke chicken (you can tell I’m a country girl) has shoulder length hair and a beard…d’you get me?

That is brilliant!

Bizarre Book title No 3 “A Toddler’s guide to the Rubber Industry”

Bizarre book title No 2 “Why bring that up? A guide to seasickness”

I can’t see any explanation on the Dylan Thomas website. Apart from the allusion to James Joyce, I’m guessing it comes from the term “gay dog” which used to be applied to a bloke who was “a bit of a lad” or “one for the ladies” to put it politely, bearing in mind the sexual nature of the stories.

I never understood ‘A portrait of the artist as a young dog’ I think it was. Maybe I should read it and see if it’s relevant!