Bizarre & Classic Car Owners

Help. Is there anybody out there who can give me the name of any insurance company in UK who will insure a vehicle for 6 months or more whilst I am in France. The car in the picture is the one that I'm looking to insure but because it's a home built special a lot of the big name companies won't touch it. It would be almost impossible to register the car here as I built this car. I have a registered address in UK . This car isn't classified as a "Classic Car" on my documents as it was first registered in 1978. I would really like definite leads to follow so if there is anybody who can help I would be most grateful.

Is this bizarre enough to be able to join your group. MVO Roadster is it's name or affectionately known as "The Flying Brick" A home built special with a 3.8 ltr Jaguar engine, gearbox and rear axle. Chassis and body all purpose made by me over 30 yrs ago.

Now for the C.T. then French number plates

1 Like

I acquired a 1967 SIMCA 1000 that has been sitting in a garage for 20 years. I hope to have it running by the Spring. Any SIMCA clubs in the Dordogne region?

John

Hello all. Not sure if this is the right place to put this post. I wondered if anyone has seen our 67 VW split screen crewcab on their travels in the south? It was stolen from our house in Brittany last year, and still no sign…i’m sure it’s long gone now but it’s always worth asking…

In the UK at the War & Peace show nr Maidstone with a French Army Renault 4. Attracted lots of attention & will be featured in “Classic Military Vehicle” magazine. Now for sale on eBay UK.
Looking forward to coming home, though!

More work on the Spitfire overhauling brakes at the moment, don’t think my hands will be clean again plus lots of cuts and scratches, hey ho

Live in the great south west have a 1500 spit in the barn in the last throes of getting it reg. in France. Next will have to find a troisième-age dolliebird for the empty seat!!

Hello all, I have a liking for land rovers but currently own a 22 year old 998 mini flame that I am slowly getting through all the jobs on it.

1 Like

Hi All. Another amateur car boff’ here. My passion is all things Volvo. I have owned my current 240 for 8 years & during that time have replaced just about every ‘wear & tear’ item to keep it in ‘tip top’ running order:

Car number 2 is a slightly younger 850 Est, this is my wifes daily driver. Both are on Frenchy plates & are often 'seen' in the pages of The Volvo Owners Club magazines & also on Volvo Forums, French & English, normally when assistance in needed!

www.grandprixdepauhistorique.com/

http://www.grandprixdepau.com/index.php - 20th-22nd May
Eight grids are announced: the Formula Renault 2.0, the French FFSA F4 Championship, the Renault Clio Cup Elf, the 207 THP Cup, the Legends Car Trophy, the F3 Classic, the brand new International Formula 3 Trophy, and the first Electrical Grand Prix of Pau.

My photos and classic vehicle illustrations www.flickr.com/photos/lienbackwards2/

Link for the Clessic GP in Pau

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_interact/events.php?seeevent=2746

I’ve got an original mini here in France and was interested when I saw your post Mark but unluckily for me my minis got very unusual sized tyres, they’re 175/50 R13!

Anyone needing a set of four brand new (original) mini tyres? Bridgestone 165/70HR 10. Type SF373. 150 euros the set.

Grand Prix Historique returns to the streets of Pau on 14/15th May this year. We can provide full board, chambe d'hote or gite accommodation plus taxi service on both days.

www.breakaway-to-bearn.com

That’s a pretty cool business!

We had a surprise the other night. We went for an apperitif with our French neighbours, and they asked us to do some English to French translation of part of a car manual. It turned out they had a pristine, metallic silver Rolls Royce Silver Shadow in the barn, with a fuel supply problem! We’re working on it - hopefully it will be added to the wedding hire fleet for the summer season!

Hello all. Just in case you didn’t know, my wife (Cara Samways) has a business supplying Miller’s Classic oils and additives in France, storing classic cars and renting classic cars for weddings (Rolls Royce, Citroen Traction, MK II Jag etc). Take a look at the website if you are interested.

Thought I would join this group as am avid car enthusiast.

I have a 2nd home in district 16 and normally fly over. However, for the majority of September I drive over for the Circuit de Remparts at Angouleme.

I have either brought over a Lotus Elise or Exige and my friends have brought over their Elise, Esprit, Evora and Lamborghini Diablo.

Unsure what we are bringing over this year, however, if you see a group of Lotus cars heading through France in Sept., give us a wave!

Ar promised, photo of my new company car, takes 2 horses and drives a treat.