Bizarre & Classic Car Owners

Let’s see those photos Chris! I know you’re the Jean Genie

Sorry…stupid me…I think his was an '86

Roger
Is that the one Gene Hunt had?

hi graham, with your ffve certificate and the french technic control and an adress justification (like electricity or telephone bill) , you can obtain in the préfecture of your departement , the grey card (collector) . good luck for the graal’s quest!

I obtained the FFVE for my 1973 MG Roadster today - does anyone know if I have to present it to obtain another Carte Gris or is that it ?

clément, our son would like to drive it! Perhaps a day!!!

what do you think about this ? seen in England in Exeter! lovely

Unfortunately I don’t own a classic despite many years of trying to get enough cash together-my dream is an Austin Healey 3000 so I content myself with illustrating them. I started off as a technical illustrator with the Ford Motor Car Company in my home town of Dagenham, progressed to parts manuals and then was seduced by advertising agencies in London in the 70’s. I got to work on the Lotus account with several trips to Norfolk to shoot ad campaigns. Also on Peugeot and Castrol GTX. My one claim to fame, whilst at the North East Technical College and School of Art, was to be driven along Longbridge Road in a pale green Ford GT40 before the Le Mans race. A couple of my illustrations here-I take commissions. More over on www.ignitonart.eu.

Lovely car Jacqueline.

Here’s our Mini Cooper called Gizmo. We’ve had him since new and have driven him all round Europe and more recently made regular tours to the best bits of France in him. Lovely.

Hi Graham

It wont be an R300 mind you!!!

Stuart

Not a very common vehicle-Very Bizarre - lucky guy !

Would you class a Caterham as “Bizarre”? I’m going to have one eventually!!

Catharine

I love the traveller - it has always been one of my favourite cars. When I was twenty I drove 500 miles to N. Scotland with my wife and three month old baby - it went like a dream. I can never understand how little we have advanced - they run on lead free fuel for the last 50 years with a small conversion - like the mini they do 40 to the gallon. They achieve the max speed limit. They cost peanuts to maintain. They have a ton of space. So did the Fiesta, Viva etc they just have rotten bodywork. Easy to drive and first time starters.

I have sold a property recently and I am going to invest in LHD & RHD Morris Minor Travellers and import them. I will keep you updated.

Just a little bit of damage on the door and a tiny hole in the bonnet where a stone flew from a tractor and pierced it.

@ Magali - I have ALWAYS wanted a Morris minor traveller!

Looks really tidy, is it for sale?

I bought this 27 years old Fiesta Popular last week with only 27,000 Miles - has been stored for many years and not run. New battery and drove it straight for a CT - It passed with flying colours. I just could not resist it - but

it has to go.

hello, thanks to create this group, since many years we had got popular classic cars . the first was a volvo estate 245 of 1975 , a 304 Peugeot convertible, a citroen Mehari , a volvo 164 of 1969 (found in a barn), a mercedes 220 D W115 of 1969, a mercedes 250 CE W114 , a citroen HY Van for betail, a london taxi cab, a land rover 109 , a triumph hérald convertible 1200 of 1967 ( bought for my birthday year), and a range rover classic of 1977

V8 ouf!!!!!!!!!! the project , the dream: a Morris Minor traveller for me and for my husband a land rover series 2 88 of 1963 with canvas!

Did you ever find anyone? The bodywork does not look too bad at all. Paint is very expensive nowadays & I think that would be the biggest cost.