Bizarre & Classic Car Owners

1980 Erad capucine fwd 50cc motobecane 99Z motor. seats two plus shopping,
Self coloured gel coat, no paint, stripped and fully restored, FFVE and registered here.
Made in France now called SECMA.
31227600152_f7a91b0370_n

1 Like

Here are a couple of snaps of one of my current daily drivers.

There are some fantastic photos on this thread. Would love to see more or maybe have an update on some of those cars from 2010, 2011 etc. Would be great to know if they are still running and how they look today.

Here’s the beast…

1 Like

Very nice beast.

This is my 1983 Series 3 Landrover that I am hoping to restore then drive to France, needs a LOT of work but hopefully we can save her. It does run and stop but i cannot see it passing a CT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now then Dave… it will need to pass a CT to go on the road… so you must be positive !!! It will get done… .it will work… and it will pass a CT … eventually :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It took OH 7 years to finally get the 5HP rebuilt and CT’d… well worth the wait…and sweat and tears and tantrums (mine)… :roll_eyes:

Its Manx registered, that will confuse ANTS.
Ru here or there? we left in 2004/5.

1 Like

Unfortunately I had to leave mine behind.

1 Like

That is a little beauty, mine is Cyprus registered and we are still here pending our sale

If it is 30 years… you can go via FFVE… with a bit of luck, that should make things so much easier… :relaxed:

Your DAF looks well. I had a 66 Marathon in 1978 or so, she went quite well but the rubber bands were an aquired taste.

Where is it. show a pic.

I’ll root around and see if I can find one, it is forty years ago.

John.

Voillà…

I’d been interested in rallying since ‘73 and got involved in London (I’'m the one in blue)…

In '77 while working as a programmer with Nixdorf I convinced a couple of colleagues to write a rally results system with me. We piloted it at the Donegal International rally in '78. While the RAC rally had used results on mainframes in the mid seventies I think our system was the first onsite, actually located in the rally HQ. That’s when the DAF photo above was taken.

Ari Vatanen won the event.

1 Like

Great photos John. Lovely memories.

Ari was the guest of honour at Angoulême this year.

1 Like

It would make a good caption competition photo.

They’ve got to have put the engine somewhere!

1 Like

Thanks Mandy, everything is possible when you’re 23 :slight_smile:

Dave, I’m going to try and make it to the Circuit des remparts d’Angoulême next year. It’ll be a1500km round trip which is no joke in a Morgan but it looks like a great event. I attended the Monaco classic GP a few years ago and hope to make the Le Mans classic in due course too. I prefer classic racing these days. I was at the Barcelona GP a few years ago and it was just a procession.

Regarding the lancia, the price of classic cars has gone through the roof. A road going one is half a million and a works car with a good history could conceivably get twice that. The one above was the first the Chequered Flag Garage in Chiswick campaigned. It came fourth in the 1976 circuit of Ireland but was written off not long after the photo on the Welsh rally nearly killing the navigator. The driver, Per-Inge Walfridsson gave up rallying after the crash and concentrated on rallycross. The “Flag” found another clapped out Stratos in Africa that has been used as a recon car by Bjorn Waldegard for the East African safari, bought it and trailered it to the UK as a replacement.

2 Likes