Bizarre & Classic Car Owners

Very nice John. I took my 1973 Daf 66 Coupe to the Interesting Car Club monthly gathering at the Abbaye de Bon Repos, Lac Guerledan this morning. It made the 100 odd km round trip with four people in it without complaining. It is revving high though so I need to sort that out.

This is what Derek Bell drove down to Angoulême last year, I’m sure it will be a breeze in the Morgan.

2 Likes

It’s a great pic, looks like the Bentley was towing the 962 :sunglasses::sunglasses:

It was, I’ve got quite a few picture, some that I took on the N10 and in Angoulême plus a couple of others posted on FB taken on the channel crossing. DB drove the Bentley on the Rallye international on the Saturday.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Would love to take the Daimler to the Angouleme event - no idea how to go about it though…registration etc?

The CVT I guess Damien. Probably isn’t expanding fully, might just need a good wiggle around :slight_smile:

The blower Bentley looks magnificent. Sadly I’m in a different category to Derek Bell when it comes to endurance driving. Though I could put the Morgan on the trailer and sit in it while he belts along towing us. As they do for those “in car” shots in movies.

There is a entry form for the Angouleme rally on the event website. Looks like a couple of days driving with roadbook, lunches etc.

1 Like

A very good chance John. I am not a mechanic but apparently if they are at all ‘sticky’ it will not perform at peak efficiency.

I would talk to PreWar Cars.com about all these aspects - even to getting a realistic apparaisal as to her worth, but she looks a beauty!

I would have loved to hear the bentley driving on and off the ferry. Pure excitement.

Hello James
When is a car classed as Classic in France?
We drive a twenty year old Hyundai.
Thank you

I am sure James may come along in a bit and answer, but I think it is 30 years old.

You have to apply to the Federation for the registration documents :

https://www.ffve.org/accueil_Fédération_Francaise_Véhicules_d_Epoque

1 Like

In believe that Cars can be considered Classic after 30 years but in order to obtain a Carte Grise de Collection (and the benefits therein)…

The car needs to be a minimum of 30 years old.
The constructor must have ceased production of the vehicle.
The vehicle must be “unchanged” … in original condition

L'âge minimum du véhicule est de 30 ans
La production est arrêtée par le constructeur
Le véhicule est dans son état historique
2 Likes

What are the benefits, Stella ?

Not sure of all the detail… but … a rough idea…

If damaged… the Insurance should look to rebuild a CGC car rather than write it off…

The right to drive in some of the places where other cars are banned…

Reduced requirement for CT testing… both timewise and technically

Some folk talk about reduced Insurance costs, but I have not noticed that…

The right to participate in certain sporting events (worldwide)

Folk may well chime in with more ideas and, quite possibly, different views…

Thanks Stella

I have a Citroen Visa from '83 that belonged to dear friend (sadly now deceased…I’m waiting for the paperwork to register it in my name.

1 Like