BMWs, Curious!

Why is it, when you see someone doing something utterly stupid (like 5 mins ago) overtaking, on a solid white line, it is often a BMW, and often, an old one?

1 Like

Only 2% of the time,
1% of the time it is any make and
97% of the time it is an AUDI.

8 Likes

:rofl: Maybe old BMWs are cheaper in Brittany V’ :rofl:

Huge round of applause Vero !!! :-:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

‘Tis odd, now you point it out V’, the A,s are starting to make a bit of a takeover in the ‘nutter stakes’ here too, but the old BM,s are, amazingly, surviving still :thinking:

1 Like

Personally I’ve always preferred Audi to BMW they’re more understated. Not that I could afford either.

1 Like

Went with friend from Gemenos, to Sauze, skiing, he had a Quattro, amazing in the snow David :+1:

1 Like

I used to think the same(understated) about the DBS, as opposed to the glitzy ‘Italian Jobs’ :grinning:

1 Like

Yes it’s a bit like being able to purchase a Merc from the factory with no model ID marks. Not wanting to be showy but knowing exactly what you’ve got that only the gawkers can wonder about.

1 Like

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn’t believe that the volume of traffic DIDN’T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the exit ramp! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane.

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!

Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn’t be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!

He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew – that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They’re not free points either – they’re £20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won’t be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won’t even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT’S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW

10 Likes

Thats hilarious Michael, well done, good to start the w/e with a good laugh :rofl:

It was actually sent to me with Mercedes in the place of BMW because I happen to drive a Mercedes. I adapted it and sent to a friend of mine who drives a BMW. I must say I agree entirely with the sentiments about BMW drivers though, they seem to be disproportionately high amount of 370HSSV s! I can’t think off to check-in any bad incidents I have seen in the past two weeks where the driving was actually dangerous not just annoying. One of which I actually reported to the police.

Sorry that should have read “ I can actually think of two incidents I have seen the last two weeks”

So good I’ve changed it to Porche and sent it to a friend in the UK.

Another even greater 'understatement David, the ‘Gilburn’, a friend in Scotland had one, absolute ‘flying machine’, looked like nothing !

1 Like

Wasn’t it Gilbern? I think I’m just as guilty having in the past had an Alfa, a Triumph TR3A, a Healey 3000, a Lotus 7 Cosworth, a race tuned Fiat 127, a Bristol 410 etc. With the Bristol friends told me I adopted a driving style with my nose in the air as if I was looking down on all other road users.

1 Like

Sorry :worried: