Books in English:

Does anyone know of an organisation / shop / person who would be happy to take 100s of books in English off my hands? Saone et Loire.

There seems to be several animal rescue’s around your area (Google) I’m sure some of them would fund raise and appreciate the books.
Good luck

1 Like

Put them on offer on Le Bon Coin. Or If you want to sell them try Momox who buy bulk, free pickup and you get paid per book. Free service.

I’ve been able to give some English language books to our local library which then shares what it doesn’t need with other libraries in the region. They also send them to the library in our twin town, Cockermouth. This started some years back when Cockermouth library was badly flooded and lost a lot of books.

1 Like

Many thanks: problem with computer at the moment but will leap into action ASAP.

My mother was born in the Workington Library apparently - in 1910 if I recall correctly. Her father was Chief Librarian for the North of England for the Carnegie Trust - again so I recall.
There must have been something in the gene pool as I am a mad Bibliophile, and have been all my life.