Border Checks in Europe-Driving In/Out of France

Hi Patricia, I have done that France Netherlands through Belgium drive often and only once see police. They tend to stop trucks not cars and certainly I have never been stopped as a woman in my car. It should be OK. Call you local Gendarmerie they will be able to tell you what 5he situation is.

1 Like

Bernice, thanks for that info!

Perhaps that person fulfilled one of the many criteria listed here:

1 Like

Our friends have just returned to the UK from Luxembourg. Borders are as invisible as before. You should have no problem.

Was shopping in Spain, Irun, yesterday never seen so few officials at the border, in fact none at all! both ways.

Probably off sick / self isolating with Coronavirus! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Germany has now declared the whole of France apart from the Grand-Est a risk area as of midnight last night.

“Persons entering the Federal Republic of Germany, who have spent time in a risk area at any specific period within 14 days prior to entry, are subject to a mandatory Covid-19 test (from 8 August 2020) and may be subject to quarantine under the specific quarantine ordinances issued by the competent federal state (Land).”

Our current German gîte guests who were due to stay u til Saturday have packed their bags and gone…

1 Like

This is not good news. We are definitely heading in the wrong direction. Plus it seems that when Germany takes action, other countries shortly follow suit. :sweat: