Boxers collection - Has the world gone mad?

Hello Barbara

and welcome to the Forum…

:relaxed:

Hi Barbara - Sorry if l caused offence - l was describing what l saw. My wrongful assumption was that they were part of your organisation. However, my point was that these wonderful people are putting themselves in harms way and l applaud them for their selfless support to those injured in these dreadful times; What a shame the red cross didn’t volunteer. There is no evidence whatsoever that they are anything other than neutral.

Hello again
I’m sorry I didn’t mean to imply that the “Street medics” were anything other than neutral, but the CRF policy is not to attend any political event, official or unofficial, to maintain neutrality, one of the 7 values - humanity, impartiality, independence, neutrality, universality, unity, voluntary, which the Red Cross movement internationally adheres to.

Best wishes on blue Monday
Barbara

2 Likes

Oh my… I thought Red Cross went to all sorts of places where folk were in difficulty and needed Medical Aid…

Obviously to it wrong… Perhaps I am thinking of St John’s Ambulance …

Anyway…I am glad that there were some good-hearted folk who did make themselves available to give medical aid to those in need…during these past few weeks…

It’s obviously changed Stella, I’ve been watching some Colditz DVDs this week and the Red Cross were very evident in the political situation causing conflict between 1939 and 1945.

I’ve always held the Red Cross in awe… for boldly going into difficult places… :thinking:

1 Like

Is this the fine diagonal cross you are referring to…???