Boycot israel after yesterdays war crimes

After the carnage yesterday in israel i belive we have a duty to boycot all goods from israel and travel to it.
over 2000 palestinians hurt and over 50 dead, from protesting and throwing stones and flares into land that was stolen from them.
They were met with snipers and metal balls.

Time for a full boycot, hope the European union finally makes a stand and doesnt think of themselves and mney as usual.

5 Likes

About the BDS movementā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been boycotting Israeli products since 1967.

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard, as there are issues on both sides to take into account. I am just so cross that this has set back any possibility of finding a resolution.

1 Like

Blowing up and hijacking planes with innocents aboard was a bit naughty too!

Can I assume that those who already boycott Israeli products also donā€™t buy anything made in Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt or China etc all of whom have appalling human rights records?

2 Likes

You dont see much fir sale from saudi arabia or turkey, but i do understand your thinkng.

The European union put sanctions on Russia over the crimea, but only only goods like cheese and movement of assetts they are more than happy to take 50-60% of their gas and oil off them. So we can expect them to sanction isreal.

1 Like

Not sure about ā€˜isrealā€™, but plenty to buy in Saudiā€™, when I was there barrie :slightly_smiling_face:

Think petrol (oil from SA), gas from Russia, clothes etc from Egypt and Turkey. As for China, the list is endless.

2 Likes

We can hope that the EU will put sanctions on Israel but Iā€™m not holding my breath yetā€¦on a personal level itā€™s fairly easy to not buy anything produced in Israelā€¦Saudi Arabia we can look at Twitterā€¦Fox Newsā€¦Murdochā€¦Coca-Colaā€¦and write to MPs and withdraw support from any politician who agrees with or is getting kickbacks from arms deals to SAā€¦(or who is not speaking out about the latest massacre in Gaza)ā€¦then thereā€™s G4S and Palantir to contend withā€¦just off the top of my headā€¦x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For Hamas read PLO, remember them?

Yepā€¦Hamas at the time was elected by some but not allā€¦pretty much the same as most countries who get to voteā€¦One of the most powerful military forces in the world such as Israel could have obliterated Hamas at any time but it doesnā€™tā€¦It leaves them there to have a boogeyman to point the finger at and obliterates the infrastructure and the innocent population of Gaza insteadā€¦holds them captive in an open air prison comittimg genocide with impunityā€¦

1 Like

What, I was talking about the PLO now known as HAMAS, they are the ones doing much of the manipulating of the Palestinians, and creating much misery, which they couldnā€™t care less about, as long as it achieves their declared aim, of completely obliterating Israel.
Nothing is ā€˜black and whiteā€™, hope that expression is still PC ! btw :wink:

1 Like

Anyone following the 2018 boats to Gazaā€¦??? This was from 2016ā€¦xxx

Iā€™m sure Hamas had a part in organising the protests etc but IMO the response by Israel was disproportionate.

3 Likes

The Gazans and the Palestinians in the West Bankā€¦are an oppressed peopleā€¦Gaza is under occupationā€¦Israel is the occupier and as the occupier has commitments under the Geneva Conventionā€¦what military capability does Hamas currently have that could be considered any threat whatsoever to the IDFā€¦??? Phrases get lost in translationā€¦threats to ā€œwipe a country off the face of the earthā€ are nothing of the sort ā€¦

3 Likes

Wonder if your opinion would be the same with your famoly traumatized and terrified tim?

Sorry Bill, but I donā€™t understand that comment.

That takes a lot of ā€˜losing in translationā€™, Helen, smacks of ā€œgenocideā€ to me, dosenā€™t even need translating, that is the ā€˜Stated Aim Of Hamasā€™.
So tragic, many live peacefully together, until politicians get their ā€˜grubby fingersā€™ involved :unamused:

Whatever Hamas may or may not have saidā€¦How is genocide currently being committed against the Israeli populationā€¦??? One IDF sniper hit by a stoneā€¦??? Compared to all the dead and wounded just yesterday without even taking into consideration all the dead and wounded prior to thatā€¦??? Gazans with fist sized exit woundsā€¦pulverised boneā€¦Gaza hospitals are fullā€¦running out of medicineā€¦running out of fuelā€¦many wounded will need medical help outside of Gazaā€¦Lift the blockadeā€¦open the G4S checkpointsā€¦allow the free movement and safe passage of people in and out of Gazaā€¦

1 Like