Brame de cerf 28th September

the article talks about Charente-Maritime but this will surely be happening elsewhere, too

1 Like

Surrounded by the bloody things, making a racket all night (and day). Now what did I do with my big gun?:wink:

2 Likes

Our local maison de flore et faune organise evening walks to hear them. In conjunction with the chasse, so you get to see a cabin de chasse and have explanations about how the hunting is organised and recorded and so on.

We went one year and found it fascinating, so worth looking around to see if anything similar.

1 Like

We have the ladies grazing on the woodland edges… in the evenings… lovely to watch them.
The big boys are not so readily visible to us, until this time of year.
I shall miss out on the brame but am hoping a friend will take a discreet video.

The big boy that jumped right over the dog and me one morning while walking in the field up the edge of the forest was all too certainly, and terrifyingly, visible to us. But surely the most unforgettable wildlife experience of my life. He must have rushed out of the forest and only seen us at the last minute because, it seemed to me, his hooves barely cleared my head. :astonished: :joy:

2 Likes