Brand Before the Product

Oh ha di ha di ha!

I have 4 back up drives and several clouds OK?!

Your husband!

( Mr. Birks )

Hi Sheila, hope the move went well, and that you have everything.... furniture, crockery, Henry etc....

Yes, when you are available I need to chat with yourself and Neil about our Art Department's Arts Mag.

The outer pages are virtually there, and the inside layouts from 'Village Online' are 'in-tact' and there was some pre-launch publicity, which would be a shame to waste. So I think it would make sense to retain this, and the name, albeit under the SFN/Art Department banners.

Thanks to my duties on thewebcircle The Art Department, and its FB page I have most files from artists on system. I shall have a few proof pages ready shortly....

Regards

Ron

Don't forget to BACK it up!!!! this time

Have finally finished moving house and need to catch up with all you've been doing. Will touch base with you in a couple of days. x

Hi Team! 1660 views altogether! yay!

We are still going strong, and would like to announce that after several delays the Village Online is BACK in production. This was a 150 Page online Magazine which we started a while ago....but sadly lost all of the pages in a HD crash.

We still had the sample layouts, and thanks to discussions with Neil of the Art Department this is the right vehicle in order to develop an Artists' showcase under the SFN Banner for The Art Department. The hosting and production is kindly covered by the Good Hearted guys at www.thewebcircle.net who already 'Show' selected artists' work for FREE in the Portal.

Isobel Brookes is going to edit, and 'Page Proofs' will be submitted to The Art Department's Comments page. The end result will be an A4 sized mutli-paged Magazine, page viewable online.... It will feature news, views and reviews on the Arts and other topics....

please contact me if you are able to help out promotionally..or are interested in submitting material.

Ron Birks

Well thanks a bunch!! The good news is that we are now working on the Village online, the Arts Mag which is to feature artists from the Art Department... let's see how that fairs?

all very nice

Apt701 has has been asked to produce a Corporate design, Logo, menus etc. for Zingapub... You'll notice use of Red, Black and White ... well, we got lots of it in!!! But as the menus are laser prints we've gone for something a little less RED

1626 SFN Views excellent

Try Googling thewebcircle it features superb musician Chris Chesney

Don't key in Maddie SFN she'll go ape!

Can I change my name to Ron SFN Birks?

and if you Google

Yellow SFN

you get at the top of the rankings a PIC uploaded 09 minutes ago

Doh! I'll do it

Google Ron Birks SFN you get this

Google Michelle Birks SFN you get this

Ive got to pick Maddie up, i'll do it later!

Google: Michelle Birks SFN let me know what you see

Then Google: Ron Birks SFN let me know!

whatever you want!!! do you like the graphics?

what do you want me to say?

Shirley... try Googling: Shirley Morgan SEO

ON my Browser you are already at the TOP of the Rankings..

So if you purchased a URL

shirley-morgan-seo DOT whatever.... and linked to it from various sources YOU could be a Global Guru in he domain of search engine optimisation from SFN to the world!

ha ha, an immediate effect... are you ready for Fame Shirley?

Google: Shirley Morgan SFN

Yo Shirley Morgan

Right, someone with sense! Welcome to the fight Shirley, we can now start a pincer movement from Cap to Bèziers! Let me recapitulate where the Project is to date.

I started the thread on the 8th of April, about a fortnight ago. Originally I was going do a 'Blog' on "Can I have blue hair, Dad?" or what-e-vah teens ask their folks! Maddie my daughter, has just turned 14 OMG non-smiley!!!! and it was she who thought Issie's Red hair was 'Awesome' ( strange, that is a word we used to reserve for the likes of Niagra falls ) Issie is the daughter of some UK based friends and also a FaceBook friend of Myself and Maddie, ( who thinks I'm a Troll? )

Having seen this lovely 'Bleached photo effect' where 'red' (or whatever can be enhanced ) I thought such an image has power enough to be not just a logo, in graphics terms but also a Brand. I really think Issie has got talent!....

I started thinking about the 'equity' of Brand-Images..ie the MINI Margue was sold to BMW for a £1.00 as only 'they' saw its real worth...what is it worth today? Bear in mind that a Brand conjours up emotions, history etc etc. So for a poxy quid the Germans have bought into a 'built-in loyalty' ... The Mini, the Swinging Sixties, The italian Job.... etc 'OUR' history ... and guess what?...we are 'buying' it BACK from them!

Interesting too that the NIKE Swoosh cost only 30 Dollars to produce...what is that worth now as a Brand Image which is based on a 'tick' type symbol which every one in the world uses... could it be that even marking a schoolbook will infringe copyright?

If you get time, also check out the history of RED BULL, this is amazing, and does serve to prove that a BRAND can be divorced from its product range, and become a greater entity, much like Virgin....

So, I set myself the TASK of proving that BRAND image is all! Isobel Brookes for example has created her own 'Brand Image' as seen above.. in fact she is the Brand! Here is the TWIST she has no Products or Services to sell.... Brand before a Product! Technically, the theory is flawed, as with my assistance a BRAND Image has been created...and plastered all over the web... Google: ISOBEL BROOKES and you will see what I mean. Ideally, to be regarded as a Brand some sort of Product or Service should be on offer... although, Charities, Clubs, Countries, People etc can be Brands ... so the debate rages on!

A diversification of this 'Let's Make Issie' famous Campaign is really the idiot's guide to SEO search engine optimisation. A phrase unheard of until recently, now every trader has to be aware and gets down to an Hour's SEO, in between Pilates and 'Countdown' .....

Here's the rub, in 2 weeks to have gleaned a ridiculous amount of web visibility.. which has been achieved using no 'scientific' methods at all. Just words and Pics...and this POST. The tricks are all detailed in this thread...and others such as 'James Higginson is the Internet' 'The Higgison Effect' etc.

Just Google SFN SEO as an example.... It is key, to Post here..or at least to comment.. you don't even have to 'link-out' the relevant words will do the Job...But the most import is to 're-name' your Photos... DSC6468645453987438.jpeg means nothing... Shirley-Morgan-joins-Ron-Birks-in-SEO-test-at-SFN.jepg does... ha ha this will 'cache'...even with out a pic!!!!

So I have left a trail of KEY WORDS in this thread which I can revisit at any time and create a Hypertext link from...Thank you SurviveFrance Network !

How to help Shirley...? Well, interaction in this column is important... see the Ticks story!!!! It is important for the project to be at least in the TOP 10 of the Post's leader board...to be visible.

James Higginson has recognised that this piece has got Quality Content and has therefore awarded it the coveted WORTH A READ ACCOLADE oh yes, I begged him too! But that alone is 'worth its weight' in exposure terms..

1569 Page views since April 8th

519 of which are since the 'wortha' a few days ago! So if you have time re-read the thread...try the 'Word Searches' and links.... Pitch in with comments and 'steer' the visibility to where you would like it to go!!!! Re-name any pics words spep'd by (-)s ie Ron-big-mac . Visit and like the FaceBoook pages..echo the sentiment in a Blog...if you wish... let's go Global!!!!

Thanks

Laters :) I'm off to the Pub