Brave fellow climbs a building while others just look on - filmed from another angle (update)

This bloke just restored my faith in humanity.

5 Likes

As a reward for his brave act… Mamoudou Gassama will gain French Nationality and become a Fireman. :relaxed: … these were his dreams… :hugs:

6 Likes

Turns out the father of the little boy left him home alone, arsehole.

3 Likes

Fine young man, typical of Africa’s best: resourceful, fearless because aware of his capacities developed by lifelong challenge and of being tested, athletic and strong, modest.

Such individuals add a unique ingredient to an increasingly effete, unfit and self-indulgent Western European stock. Immigration from the South may well be the North’s salvation.

2 Likes

yes seen a few nasty comments (racist towards him already though on facebook groups, name calling which im not going to repeat here. Shocking that a brave act can lead to people being so hostile towards him.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen or heard anything bad… I agree that sometimes folk are really pathetic in their attitudes and reactions… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

im on a few french Facebook groups and some of the comments are very nasty, not many and they soon got destroyed but still the comments stick in my mind.

Even saw one comment on an expat group saying its crap how some refugee gets citizenship and a job and they cannot get it without hoops

1 Like

He comes over as a shy young man… good luck to him.

1 Like

A wonderful story of courage.
Macron thank you for your reward and establishing individual justice.

2 Likes

One has to think that if this had happened in the Yuk, rather than being rewarded he would have been arrested, taken to Yarlswood and then deported…

2 Likes

yes I am afraid so.

1 Like

Filmed from a different angle, you can see how difficult it was for the chap on the other balcony to lift the child to safety… thankfully, the young man from Mali… came to the rescue…

2 Likes

Doubt it :slightly_smiling_face: