Braverman : More evil than Patel?

So true.

On the Bbc news today

French MP :thinking: and what with the Gov in Italy

You may be aggreived by some rough handling by democratic representatives, so am I, but ask yourself who made these rules, who created these plans?
Could the population who elected these representatives belive that the rules and plan were formulated by those who did not have their interests in mind?
The democratic mandate should trump all.
Are you implying corruption is the root of your problems?

Where to start…

who made these rules, who created these plans? Local Plans are created, as the title suggests, by Locals : representatives of the local population (Councillors) and those of the local population who can be bothered to get involved in the process.

Could the population who elected these representatives belive that the rules and plan were formulated by those who did not have their interests in mind? Only those, as I say above, who couldn’t be arsed to get involved with the Plan making and formulation.

Are you implying corruption is the root of your problems? Not at all - just incompetence and self-interest (on the part of some councillors who are well aware that they can make decisions that affect many facets of peoples lives without any personal sanction other than at the ballot box). But the real root of the problem is a lack of investment in training, education and resources for professional persons to guide and advise the ‘amateur’ councillor in his or her decision making in a considered and logical manner (without rhetoric or needless emotion) in accordance with guidance, plans and regulations drafted and laid down by their own colleagues in the Local Authority.

1 Like

You are so very predictable John. I am happy that my views entertain you. I am far from alone with them, although I seem to be a rare beast on this forum, unlike a growing number of U.K. voters.
Not a troll, just offering my comments until they are no longer deemed acceptable in the fluffy Wokedom that is currently trending!

1 Like

True, there is no shortage of idiots in the UK Fudley, hence Brexit. However IMO it’s cowardly when bullshitters choose to skulk in France instead of suffering the same fate as their fellow travellers in the UK. Big sacrifices being made. as you say, but not by them. Hypocrites or what?

Not to worry, Survive France, like all good villages, needs an idiot. If you aspire to filling that role you’ve my full support Fudley.

5 Likes

Spot on Carl, nothing else to add

Good to find an Albanian view in the UK mainstream media…

2 Likes

For quite a few years up until 2010 the Commission for Architecture and Design was funded to provide local authority training, and also offered a free review service. Sadly their funding was cut, and then the whole organisation axed by you-know-who after 2010. So stupid as was an insignificant amount of money in the overall scheme of things.

2 Likes

I remember it well Jane - The system appeared to work a bit quicker back then and discussions with LA officers had merit and could be relied upon. Today, we are supposed to consult with Planning Officers prior to application via a Pre-app consultation (cost circa £1500) and then hope that said Officer responds sometime within the next 12 weeks. If they dont, then you have to apply to have your application fee refunded - which can take another 12 weeks.

Even if they DO respond, it is now clear that their advice is not worth the paper it is written upon as it is caveated to the ‘nth’ degree with such words as “this is the sole opinion of the officer the author of this report and the Council cannot be relied upon to adhere to this guidance”. Very one-sided…

“ The government’s policy on immigration centres harks back to the 1834 Poor Law, when, in order to deter people from applying for indoor relief, conditions inside the workhouses were to be worse than the worst outside. Centuries on, how far have we come in treating those less fortunate than ourselves?
Dennis Johnson
Kempston, Bedfordshire

Quite.

What each and every one of us has to decide, now, is are we a Jean Raspail ‘Camp of the Saints’ , wall building xenophobe led by internet motivating troll bots whispering constantly in our ears of “invading hordes”?

Or, we can get busy preparing to help instead of hurt humanity

Have I hit a nerve Mr Skulky? my post has been hidden. As expected, contrary views not welcome!

1 Like

No, you contravened the site rule regarding ad hominem attacks.

2 Likes

Not hidden by me Fudly. Just keep digging mate :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Can everyone tone it down please.

2 Likes

We celebrated with smoked salmon sandwiches for lunch… fabulous :+1: :+1:

1 Like

what did you celebrate @Stella
The hiding of an ad hominem post :thinking:
I’d have thought gammon would have been more appropriate :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s always interesting to see comments that don’t age well.

1 Like