Brexit maths

They got it wrong on the Brexit referendum, our son had £100 at 8/1 for the leave odds the day before the vote.

S*it May’s deal rejected by 230 votes.

That’s some “Brexit maths” right there :persevere:

Where the f*** we go from here should be fun but I reckon “no-deal” beckons.

1 Like

Did she ever really believe the outcome was going to be any different? Her plan was not going to provide the Brexit that leavers claim they were promised but removed all the influence that Britain had in the EU. It suited nobody. The 202 who supported it are spineless whimps. They should have voted before Christmas and given more time to find an answer to the impossible question.

2 Likes

I might have a look at Transferwise just to see if they’re prepared to offer a price on sterling durning the next few hours.

1 Like

It’s more the scale of it that matters. 118 of her own party voted against FFS

Corbyn has tabled a no-confidence motion but, since the DUP has pledged support, the Tories will (presumably) win that thus maintaining the current stalemate.

The DUP have really proved to be worth their bribe.

Only if the bribe was two quid and a round of drinks, anything more and I think May got a bad deal.

Oh, wait,

As the vote has gone as predicted I would expect a small increase.

Stability is what the exchange markets seem to like.

They tend to spike when no Brexit looks more likely.

Earlier on it looked as though they were worried about honouring a quote for 24 hours as usual.

Apart from the scale of the defeat tonight’s result was totally predictable as was Labour’s move, next Monday’s vote is more important as she really will have to give up if she loses badly again.

If she makes it to next Monday!

Not a bad idea, I confess confusion as to why Sterling went up after the vote (presumably the markets believe this makes no Brexit most likely - not at all sure I agree).

The scale of the defeat apparently increases the options rather than strengthen the possibility of ‘no deal’.

I bought £1k of euros this afternoon and after the vote, the rate dropped marginally so my prediction was correct.

I hope you bought at the right time:

It means that she can’t go back to the EU and ask for small tweaks and more feel good noises.

But, the EU have said that they are not prepared to re-open negotiations, so major changes are going to be difficult to achieve without equally major changes on the UK side.

The markets think no Brexit could happen or at least it is delayed until ‘the deal’ is changed.

It is the only explanation that I can think of for the £ to have gone up.

If everyone thinks TM is a stubborn woman, how is Corbyn any different?

He wants an election and nothing but an election.