Brexit means Brexit means Doom and Gloom

In the news today: The Pope is Catholic, bears defecate in arboraceous areas and voting to give up the right to work anywhere in the EU27 means <drum-roll> giving up the right to work anywhere in the EU27

Who’d have thought it?

6 Likes

Who cares.
You got back your money, though it is now worth less
You got back your laws, though they give you less rights.
You got back your borders, though we haven’t quite figured out how to police them.
You got back your fish, though you may have lost the best market for it.
But you really don’t need anything from Johnny Foreigner - except the Americans, the Chinese and the Saudis. You could go and work for them, so long as you don’t care that their laws allow capital punishment!

9 Likes

Well, I do, as it happens - having voted for none of this.

3 Likes

But you are one of the 63% minority that didn’t vote for it! That’s Democracy. . . . . .

Here’s Barnier with some more about what the UK will be losing.

It’s tagged as Covid related, but is it really just a convenient excuse because of Brexit :thinking:

You are not reading the French news, Graham.

Didn’t the French Govt push some money recently into Airbus in France?

Well, we are now past the deadline to ask for an extension - so there is nothing stopping the brown stuff hitting the fan in 6 months.

2 Likes

Sorry Graham, but it is due to the collapse of the aviation industry in general, mostly ascribed to Covid19.

1 Like

It did, and is not happy about the announcement either.

Next you will be suggesting that Turkeys prefer Easter instead of Christmas.

3 Likes

Looks like Brexit also means “no reciprocal healthcare for pensioners” - although I thought an agreement had been made with Spain.

I am so fed up with this shithole of a cuntry1.

1] No, there is no missing "o"
8 Likes

It is all so depressing but your footnote made me laugh at least.

4 Likes

Is there any possibility at all of you moving here before December 31 Paul?

Sadly not, well Dec 2030 maybe - see your messages for a longer explanation.

Do they care, of course not.
It seems totally obvious to us that if you leave the UK you are seen as something of a traitor and need to be punished for it.

1 Like

Its a long read but quite enlightening/amusing according to your point of view (I think you know mine)
I’d love to be a fly on the wall of the Maire’s office tomorrow morning…

7 Likes

And now, the truth behind the UK GPS satellite system.

1 Like

Is it really true, I laughed SSSOOOOO much but I just can’t believe that there are people THAT stupid :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WTF did they think would happen when they voted for Brexit???