Brexit travel chaos for 10,000 Brittany Ferries customers

Spitting tacks about this one, even though I haven’t been affected (because I haven’t yet booked any crossings after the 29th).

NB “amends” means re-book on a different crossing, this could quite easily be disaster for some holiday plans (eg if booked into a gite in the South changing from an overnight crossing to the following morning could easily make it impossible to reach the property in time for the caretaker to let you in).

I think rightly or wrongly it’s plausible that quite a few folks will delay or make alternative holiday arrangements this year which avoid the EU, given the concerns over travel chaos.

On a slight side note to the main point, looking after 15 rental properties as we do, they would be a damned useless caretaker if they weren’t available to let the new guests in either in person, via a key safe. or making some other arrangement directly with the incoming guests. There are often delays with flights, traffic, people deciding they might stop for a meal and do a bit of shopping when they said they would be at the property at a certain time! (not that the last one gets on my goat :smile: ) and you just have to be flexible.

Bookings however do appear to be slow this year which we have put down to Brexit and the apparent belief that after the 29th March the UK will fall off the globe and travel from the UK will become a thing of the past, even though it was actually a thing of the past as I remember from my childhood in the 60s and early 70s.

By the same token my mother is visiting us here and will be due to go back at the beginning of April, if I’m wrong and it does all go base over apex, I’ll be stuck with her! :wink:

3 Likes

People should just rebook with Seaborne Freight. If a RoRo company with no ships, no UK harbour and no docking agreements is good enough for the Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP, it’s good enogh for the likes of them :skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: