Brexit vote cancelled?

To be fair it is unlikely Corbyn would win a vote of no confidence - JRM was on R4 this morning being very clear that he would back May in any such ballot. I suspect many other Tories would close ranks rather than risk an early election.

If Corbyn thought he would lose why even bother calling for a vote? Rather than waste time debating a ā€˜no-confidenceā€™ motion they should finish the Brexit deal debate, have a vote and then work out what to do next.

I was quite repulsed to see Tony Blair talking about a peopleā€™s voteā€¦he led us into an illegal warā€¦despite millions marching against himā€¦where was the peopleā€™s vote thenā€¦???

The manā€™s a war criminalā€¦he should be in prisonā€¦not standing on a podium in Brussels talking about a peopleā€™s voteā€¦

Helen, he has every right to speak and with John Major and other ā€œoldiesā€ I sincerely hope they are working behind the scenes to avoid what, at the present, looks like a disaster.

1 Like

I hope youā€™re right Jane but personally I just donā€™t think he was the right face to represent a peopleā€™s voteā€¦so many will remember the time we tried to stop the warā€¦

Corbyn has been a naughty boy?

Who gives a shit!
Half an hour of ā€˜points of orderā€™ taken up when a division of the House on her deal would have been much more productiveā€¦
(and yes, she is a stupid woman, her pantomime theatrics in PMQs - obviously written down on her crib sheet as she kept having to look at at it whilst delivering her ā€˜killerā€™ blow backfired spectacularly)

2 Likes

Donā€™t mention the warā€¦

1 Like

The PMQā€™s antics today merely highlight the absolute mess the UKā€™s in, it would be funny if it wasnā€™t so serious.

Rushed off my feet @ work - highlights?

JC called TM a ā€˜stupid womanā€™.

Oh no he didnā€™t!

Somebody ought to tell her that. Here she is preventing parliament from debating and voting on one of the biggest decisions in recent history but she thinks itā€™s right to waste parliamentary time insulting others from a script. What a farce.

3 Likes

I managed to catch some of PMQsā€¦sort of hoping that on the last session before Xmas that there might be a shred of hope offered to ease the misery of millionsā€¦I was dismayed to see TMā€™s vitriolic and insulting responses to Jeremy Corbynā€¦

Catching up with the headlines this evening Iā€™m just as dismayed that the breaking news headlines are all about what Jeremy Corbyn did or didnā€™t sayā€¦I watched the clipā€¦I thought he was saying ā€œstupid peopleā€ under his breath and would agree with himā€¦

I love the artist taxi driverā€¦watch his little clips every morningā€¦Iā€™m wondering what heā€™s gonna say tomorrow morningā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGThM-ZZBba1Zl9rU-XeR-A

1 Like

The Right Honourable Member said he didnā€™t say it.
That should be respected - end of!
The plain fact is the Tories are desperate to divert attention away from TMā€™s awful performance.
Why else would the Deputy Chairman of the party (who I detest with a vengeance as my MP) fall over himself to appear in front of the cameras in central lobby to protest?
He said he was directly opposite JC and saw what he said but he was quite a few rows back. TM was directly opposite on the same level and appeared not to have heard or seen it as she questioned her near neighbour about it (who also didnā€™t see it).
And then in a final attempt to discredit JC, another Conservative MP took a picture of JC in the tearoom watching events on the in-house TV.
These people are responsible for running the Country ffs!
And all this after they wished each other a merry christmas!
Couldnā€™t organise a piss up on a brewery, the lot of them.

1 Like

Itā€™s smoke and mirrors, anything instead of the important business. The business that should have come to a vote well before Christmas. A very crude form of filibustering.

Indeed.

Corbyn claims he actually said ā€œStupid peopleā€ and I am inclined to agree it fits better with his mouth shape.

The observation, accurate or not, does not stop him being a chocolate teapot - I think TMā€™s criticisms were actually spot on in this case.

There is plenty of proof for the insults that she was bandying about, they were scripted.

1 Like

She hasnā€™t got the imagination to do it off the cuff.

3 Likes

We were asked about this in our pharmacy in St Bonnet de Joux in Southern Burgundy this afternoon.
They obviously knew all about it and found it hilarious.
What a reputation our politicians have!

1 Like