Brexit vote cancelled?

I know of houses selling for as little as 15k euro… at auction… and many others so low in price… cannot understand why they stand empty for so long. But, we are talking about country rather than town.

Village houses in my area… prices range from 20k (2 beds) to 65k (3/4 beds) … only the Brits seem to ask higher prices as they are hoping to get back what they have put in… :thinking:

I really can’t help thinking that the Scottish Independence Referendum from a few years ago whereby pretty well all UK (except Scottish) politicians argued against independence with the phrase “Better Together”.

Isnt Brexit identical but on a slightly larger scale?

2 Likes

A timely article: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/17/chickens-freezing-to-death-and-boiled-alive-failings-in-us-slaughterhouses-exposed

But my fave is still: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/27/brexit-sugar-beet-cane-tate-lyle-british-sugar?fbclid=IwAR3M67CgelXIQ9lSZWoFd9APjPFC-cwu8U751rGk_h4sbXzMVkVGor0Evcg

And we have three rows of asparagus.

1 Like

Meaningful Vote takes place week commencing 14Jan.

When asked why MPs are having a holiday instead of holding the vote this week TM replies that she’s seeking further assurances from the EU.

Not stalling then…

Ho Ho Ho

She has an idee fixe.
She is on her own, but for how much longer will she be PM.?
Jeremy Corbyn has put forward a motion of no confidence in her.

Don’t think the motion against her has any teeth, but have read that he might upgrade it to a motion of no confidence in her government.

Such a debate will take place in Govt time, if granted but a motion of no confidence in the Govt is set in law and beyond the Govt’s reach to delay, deny or dither.

Theresa May WILL allow time for Jeremy Corbyn’s vote of no confidence in her tomorrow.

Told Government is convinced she will win - she has the backing of the ERG and DUP.

PM effectively Jeremy Corbyn’s bluff.

Plus even if she did lose the motion is non-binding.

Laura K tweeting no debate on confidence motion…

Interesting, I wonder whether she will win; could be this is one of those “just when you thought a bad situation could not get any worse…” moments.

OH, I’ve just realised it’s a silly vote of confidence in the PM, not a vote of confidence in the government - May didn’t even have to give it parliamentary time.

Sorry - I’m going to swear; Corbyn is a total fucking waste of space, time and oxygen. :rage:

3 Likes

Jeremy Corbyn has a very important job to do right now - STOP BREXIT - and his is not doing it.

Can Theresa May bring a No Confidence bore in him? Or would she rather he was the opposition leader as he is so hopeless.

Corbyn doesn’t want to stop Brexit, he just wants a different flavour to the one that’s on offer.

1 Like

He is not listening to his vonstituency parties, who want a second vote.
All he wants is a General Election.

Not all of them do Jane, those in the North and the Midlands voted Leave and they haven’t changed their minds.

He wants to be in power but unless there’s a major shift in Labour policy they’d still offer Brexit in their manifesto.

It’s as though May has gone into battle in a leaky rubber dinghy armed only with a pistol to discover, to her surprise, that the opposition is in rowing boats with pea shooters rather than the destroyers and 6" guns one might conventionally expect.

1 Like

To Quote Tim Farron ex Liberal leader.

Can we have a no confidence vote in the Government and the opposition.:laughing:

2 Likes

The problem is that their captain has lost his charts.