Brexit Vote, what next!

Good luck with that Phillip.
Our CdS took 42 pages each.

This is the man that is Corbyn.

He demands that TM “Take no-deal off the table” to countenance talks but then refuses to support a motion designed to do the very thing he asked for.

The man’s hypocrisy knows no bounds.

1 Like

The EU have said that the only way to avoid leaving in March with ‘no-deal’ is either to agree to a deal or ask for an extension to A50 so in some ways the YC amendment simply delays asking the EU for more time until the end of Feb.

Rumour is that Labour have decided to support Cooper’s amendment to predictable shouts of “stopping Brexit”, “betrayal” and “won’t get elected again” on Twitter.

I despair, I really do.

I’m afraid the only way to make people understand the true horror of Brexit is just to allow a no deal exit to take place.

Of course the usual suspects will a) probably eff off to somewhere else because they can afford to do so and b) claim it is all the EUs fault.

The BBC2 documentary last night was quite enlightening - Cameron’s capitulation to the hard right in the UK resulting in him becoming sidelined at the EU negotiating table and loosing influence and support by pulling out of the EPP.

Basically Cameron opened the gates of Hell and May sold all our souls to the Devil and herded us through.

2 Likes

Calling Jean-Claud Juncker a drunkard who guzzles cognac for breakfast didn’t help either…

There has been widespread speculation that that was true :wine_glass:

Who knows, I certainly don’t but it most certainly didn’t help Cameroon secure a deal…
I also doubt it was a recommendation in Donald Trump’s book “The Art of the Deal” published in 1987 :wink:

True or not Junker was hardly likely to react favourably to the accusation, was he?

Cameron, of course, although he lost his job, is well out of it enjoying the life of Riley in the south of France, I’m half surprised he hasn’t signed up to SF (OK, I’m not really :slight_smile: ).

As I said - the architects of this fiasco are going to be mildly inconvenienced by it at most; those on the breadline in Gateshead rather more so.

So that’s who Brian of Andorra was :wink:

5 Likes

Actually I take it back - well a bit, ISTR reports of him spending time in France but it was his father who lived in Toulon prior to his death.

He has a place in the Cotswolds IIRC.

Ah-ha - it was this article which linked Cameron and France in my mind.

1 Like

Nah, I reckon it was Lawson :wink:

At £25,000, hardly a hut though ! My idea of a hut in the garden is a home built wooden one costing considerably less than that …:wink:

Let’s face it some here have bought entire homes in France for less :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep :+1:t2: I paid £13,200 or €15,000 for my not so little 1.27ha of France :fr: I’m pretty chuffed with that! I can’t buy a decent caravan in the UK for that!

2 Likes

I expects he reads it but hasn’t signed up for an account yet - the photo thing … :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cooper amendment to delay A50 has been voted down.

Now we are even further into unicorn territory.

How the hell does May think she can persuade the EU to drop the ‘backstop’ just because a majority of loafers and trough-slurpers voted for it in the kindergarten that is the HoC???

It just aint gonna happen!!!

How much louder do the EU have to shout this before that ‘stupid woman’ hears…

1 Like

Bang goes a second referendum…

Bang goes the UK. What a farcical mess.

2 Likes

Well yes.

I suppose the PM and her allies are now hoping the EU will amend the Backstop which will provide a soft Brexit which has to be the best solution for all remainers problem is, the EU has said there will be no amendment. If they don’t agree then it’s a no-deal which would be bad for everyone so now the EU have a big choice to make…

Interesting times.

No chance according to Mr Tusk!

Donald Tusk: Withdrawal Agreement is not open for renegotiation

The European Council president reacts to events in the Commons

“We welcome and share the UK Parliament’s ambition to avoid a no-deal scenario," says a spokesman for Donald Tusk.

"We continue to urge the UK government to clarify its intentions with respect to its next steps as soon as possible.

"The Withdrawal Agreement is and remains the best and only way to ensure an orderly withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union.

"The backstop is part of the Withdrawal Agreement, and the Withdrawal Agreement is not open for re-negotiation.

"The December European Council Conclusions are very clear on this point.

"If the UK’s intentions for the future partnership were to evolve, the EU would be prepared to reconsider its offer and adjust the content and the level of ambition of the political declaration, whilst respecting its established principles.

"Should there be a UK reasoned request for an extension, the EU27 would stand ready to consider it and decide by unanimity.

“The EU27 will adopt this decision, taking into account the reasons for and duration of a possible extension, as well as the need to ensure the functioning of the EU institutions.”

"We will continue our preparations for all outcomes, including a no-deal scenario. We will also continue the EU´s process of ratification of the agreement reached with the UK government.