Brexit Vote, what next!

Apparently, like this

https://newsthump.com/2019/02/06/special-place-in-hell-for-brexiteers-turns-out-to-be-milton-keynes/?fbclid=IwAR0zIVA56HaoLrVDmRCpFRtXp8OPgWqjJDb8_xuRy1dlJDfzJ86KwfwP6qM

Out of curiosity - did you follow a link on Facebook to the above?

Looking at it another way, I’ve always considered myself to be a “guest” here.
I suppose that assumes that I / we could be told to piss off home at any moment, but I don’t see what it would solve.
Our mayor said, the first time I spoke with him at length, that if it wasn’t for “incomers”, much of rural France would still be living in the 1950’s.

1 Like

I have posted on Donald Tusk’s Facebook page and congratulated him for telling how it is and pointing out that the Brexiteers are treating their fellow citizens so badly that they feel like they are living in hell.

1 Like

Your mayor is absolutely right Bob! I’m currently at a wonderful location in Spain - just 2.5 hours drive away from my ‘current’ home in France. Another, much better universe.

Is it too difficult to understand that when your factory exports to the EU if something happens to put that at risk, your job and those of others, could be on the line?

Was reading that plans were being put in place to move the Royal Family to a safe address in the event of a no deal brexit.

But several prominent figures in the Leave campaign stressed that we would either not leave the SM or have just the same access to it - if you believed those claims then you would not think there was any risk to your job.

And there was a willingness to believe Leave’s claims, to not examine them critically - both in the media and in a lot of people’s minds.

Brexit clearly played a part n Nissan’s decision - they have said so explicitly, though there were other factors.

It’s ludicrous, isn’t it?

We’ve gone from “no possible downside” to “we can manage if the population riot a bit”.

Starmer pushing Labour in a Norway-like direction.

Probably too little, too late but we will see.

Well I have to say when I started this thread 20 odd days ago, I had no idea it was going to be so active and still be in full flow now. 2.2k view and nearly 300 replies cheers guys there’s some really good inciteful posts on here to thanks for all your contributions.

1 Like

In 20 years I wonder what “To do a Brexit” will mean?

Perhaps the equivalent of chopping your nose off…

I can’t wait to see what amendments come up at the next meaningful vote.

This https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/07/no-deal-brexit-medieval-siege-eu-britain-industries is a well considered opinion on the effects of no deal…

@Paul - yes, I originally found the Newsthump link in a FB post. Any reason why?

Because you are being tracked.

The bit of the link after “?fbclid=” is a Facebook Click Id, which is part of FB’s tracking mechanism. You don’t actually need it to visit the page but it attempts to track your activity to feed into advertisers logic to choose what ads to push your way.

Generally I would advise not copying links directly from FB or Google - they can be polluted with odd things sometimes.

Thnks Paul - I have no problem with FB’s tracking/cookies etc. Everything I do on this machine is public.

Well, when people click through the link on here FB thinks you are doing it

You might feel that is a feature, of course :slight_smile:

Not a feature. Not of any interest in fact :slight_smile:

In fact the rush of breast enlargement surgery ads I’m seeing are quite interesting… But thanks for the heads-up anyhow!

2 Likes

Do you need your breasts enlarging particularly?

Maybe he just likes looking at large breasts :rofl:

1 Like

Anything for a bit of titillation…