Brexit Vote, what next!

Do the maths, Tim.

60 “rogue” MPs means 590 who are not… How can 60 hold 590 to ransom if the 590 choose to wok together in the country’s interests instead of on party lines?

This is quite interestinng:

Groundhog day!

I was thinking today that in a similar vein to Brexit in terms of “the will of the people” wanting independence - should UK also quit NATO and show the world just how powerful we really are?!

4 Likes

Earlier today…Go James !!! And still they get away with it…incredulous…

3 Likes

The ‘will of the people’ Simon, the ‘will of the people’ !!

The will of some of the people Peter! I guess the thing that really gets to me is that they will never be held to account for their lies and deceit! One of the best con jobs in history…

2 Likes

Really the chief suspects ought to be put on prime time TV, had their comments read back to them and the demand made to explain why the promises and claims that they made have come to nothing.

At present history is being re-written at a rate which would make Ingsoc proud.

2 Likes

TM lives in another world.
She is totally obsessive and can’t face reality, which is that things are changing.

They no longer live in the real world; they are totally shielded from it.
I remember an article about Ronald Reagan after he left office. He was being driven somewhere in his car and it stopped at traffic lights (this never happened when president as the motorcade was flushed through all road junctions and only ever stopped at the destination). As the car stopped, he opened the door to get out - much to the horror of his secret service minders.
Bless.
But that is the point, TM doesn’t read newspapers any more, she is drip-fed the shit her minders want her to know to the exclusion of all else.

I seem to remember posting something to that effect a few months ago.

Seems plausible - Reagan was already showing signs of Alzheimer’s while in office so its not surprising he would do something like that later on.

So, if the last 236801 hours was not enough to come up with a proposal acceptable to the EU and UK parliament, who on Earth thinks that another 48 will unlock the magic solution

1] Time since 00:00 Fri 24 Jun 2016
2 Likes

I’m not sure this is a bad thing. I think the EU are trying to back the UK into a corner and who can blame them. They smell blood on a no deal coming off the table next week, and are pushing hard in the hope May has nothing to come back to Parliament with. If she comes back empty handed then Parliament are going to take control of this mess from her. And a no deal will almost certainly be taken off the table. Then the ERG loose their grip on May and Corbin pushes for a soft Brexit or no Brexit or worst case a new referendum. The tide could finally be turning.

Brussels just needs to hold its nerve and position

1 Like

I also see announced today the Permanent Secretary at the Department for Exiting the EU has just annouced he is retiring on 29th March 19, proposed Brexit Day! I think that speaks volumes!

but will the worm turn or will the Attorney General’s cod piece slip? (shudders to think) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Hopefully that it is all being scrapped.

1 Like

Yes tide I meant of course

1 Like

Personally, I still hope to see that new legally binding statement which eases UK parliamentarian concern over the backstop. Get the PMs plan through parliament and then crack on with the actual future trade negotiations. I believe a mass extinction event can still be avoided given I’ve only got 4 tins of mackarel in the cupboard.

1 Like

May and Hunt are ramping up the “It’s the EU’s fault” rhetoric.

Great way to get their negotiators on side over the weekend - not!

48% of us already blame the Tories anyway, the other 52% blame the EU and  the Tories.