Brexit Vote, what next!

I agree with you and hopefully in the very far off future that is how things will happen, but thats not how this referendum was run and i just dont want to go over how it should of been, we have the result and that result should be honoured.

We know nothing about brexit and what will happen. We just keep getting told might, could etc until it happens no one knows look at y2k i seem to remember no planes dropping out of the sky. I want to deal in facts not guardian newspaper articles that start with might.

2 Likes

Carl, David Cameron went to brussels before he called the referendum and pleaded with them to reform, he was ignored and the referedum was held. The powers to be in the EU are still obvious to the unease in virtually every country, you cannot tell me if there was a referedum in France they would vote to remain. My last point was telling you that you do matter, again do you have a cystal ball as i still dont know how you will be adversley affected, nothing has been agreed yet and the uk is still apart of the EU so what has 100% happened that makes your life a shit-storm?

1 Like

Wow, Spelman amendment won the day by 4 so no deal Brexit almost certainly now dead! 312 for - against 308 stand by for Cabinet Resignations now as almost certainly some of them must of voted against the whip and the government. I think Conservatives have just lost Brexit!

1 Like

Only by 4 votes! Another vote please, had to be by more than 10%

2 Likes

Be interesting to see how the MPs voted. I guess it’s probably better news for us immigrants than a no deal possibility.

1 Like

Its a forerunner for the full vote this is just crazy times now! I think the Government May collapse very soon. After Hammonds statements this afternoon the cabinet is fracturing. Europe is hardening it’s position against us! The options are lessening.

Hang fire Torre two more votes on the way!!

Matlhouse huge defeat, now for the big one, May is whipping to now vote against the no deal vote, reporting that Conservatives are fuming at change from a free vote. Reporting now that we are about to see a number of ministerial resignations and even several cabinet members! Stay glued folks this could be an explosive night ahead!

1 Like

As less than 10% should the referendum therefore be ignored?

5 Likes

Unbelievable.

4 Likes

Amber Rudd abstained, and possibly 3 other Cabinet ministers she may have to resign.

Rumour is that if they only abstained, they will keep their job.

Yes just hearing that but that makes it very hard for May.

Same time tomorrow?:grinning:

Yes i agree Guardian journalism is unbelievable!

3 Likes
  1. My French wife has been abused and threatened in the street - purely because she is French - by a Leave voting protester outside the Redditch Town Hall. She was walking past and speaking with her mother on the phone - in French naturally - and this knuckle-dragger followed her shouting abuse and telling her that she should pack her bags before she is deported. I would say that this is probably the biggest part of the shit-storm that this whole sorry debacle has created.

2. The loss of a substantial sum of money because of the result of the referendum when purchasing our house in France. You will say that there was no loss but you will be wrong. When your life in later years is budgeted a certain way and, in this case, an event happens that is totally unneccessary that affects that plan, then I think I am entitled to blame that totally uneccessary event dont you?

But number 1 above is, above all the main reason why I despise all Leave voters - sorry, but that is the way I feel.

8 Likes

Europe is gardening against us
What does that mean?
I don’t think Europe is doing anything against the UK, the UK government has been doing a very effective demolition job all by itself.

3 Likes

All the leaver ‘we aren’t racist xenophobes etc etc’ is so disingenuous - not all or even most leavers are racists and xenophobes but I bet all or most racists and xenophobes are leavers.

5 Likes

Truly sorry to hear that Carl, completely unacceptable behaviour.

6 Likes