Brexit Vote, what next!

That certainly is “Taking back control”!

1 Like

Isn’t it just?

A differing view of who’s in control -

Seems to sum up the situation pretty well.

Wait and see.
They are bigots and isolationists and there is no way of predicting what they will do.

After today’s dreadful terrorist attacks in New Zealand by what appears at present to be white supremacists. I now feel very uncomfortable about using words like “taking back control” as this is just the sort of mantra these extremists use and I’m really not comfortable with stoking up these kind of sentiments in a country that is currently so volatile due to the Brexit debacle. This is just the sort of event that could easily happen here and indeed has.

I for one send love and very deepest sympathy to all those families so tragically affected by this atrocity. :cry:

6 Likes

As I read the article, the answer remains the DUP and ERG :frowning: All this manouvering and bullshit is to try and force them into line.

Pathetic.

1 Like

Yes and 149 votes are a lot to claw back but does the country really need another two years of this ?

It needs 75 to switch - DUP and ERG are about 76 votes.

You only have to see how Tommy Robinson is tied into UKIP to see it is already mainstream in UK.
It is political apathy on the part of the non thinking population that is driving Brexit on the one hand and bigotry and isolationism on the other, with none of which I identify and makes ashamed to see what is going on in UK.
Mind you, France is not too far behind.

2 Likes

Yep, this is going to be close on tuesday - I fancy Mrs May to win by a dozen votes.
Mind you, The Speaker could put the kybosh on things…

I can’t see the speaker denying MV3 especially if the DUP etc make it known they will now support TM’s deal.

I’m going with lose by a dozen votes.

No, I don’t see it as terribly likely either.

I think TM will lose but it will be close enough to encourage the EU to grant a short extension.

If TM loses we will need a long extension - only if she wins is a short extension much good.

MV4 could be on the cards if it’s close.

I think MV4 will only raise its ugly head, assuming MV3 rejects the deal again if we then fail to agree an extension with the EU.

That’s the problem, a TM win will mean a few months extension but a TM loss means a couple of years more of this fiasco. Let’s hope the members see sense and put us out of our misery !

Assuming no Tory rebel’s

With it being deemed the wrong time for a vote on another referendum yesterday - any idea when the right time is?