Brexit Vote, what next!

Do you not think however that the people making such allegations during these campaigns should be penalised for these lies?

The legislation is the only absolute detail of the definition of these processes - the fact that a self-serving MP (or MSP) declares that a referendum is this or that is irrelevant and should be punished.

There is a tradition amongst western democracies to accept democratic outcomes. Many disputes are settled by a show of hands, often with there being a casting vote in the event of a draw. It being accepted that often things are close. Regardless of your view of Brexit the only loser is our democratic values.

1 Like

I took part in one of those online survey type thingummys the other day…think it was the guardian…asking what I felt was important/not important…the result for me was remain seconded by Norway plus…x :slight_smile:

Isn’t part of living in a democracy the right to simply change your mind?

2 Likes

If there is a generational gap, yes.

Says who?

2 Likes

No it doesn’t.
TM is deluded.
Corbyn made it very clear that there were no talks and it was all a pointless exercise and nothing has changed.
I think she has become totally obsessed to an extent that she is unable to see the truth that she has no deal and the House is dead against No Deal.

1 Like

Are you saying that you cannot change your mind if you are in a certain age band?
That is ridiculous.

if you start to remove or deconstruct the values which underpin our societies then different approaches fill the void. Yellow Jackets in France are challenging the traditional layers of governance in France rather than waiting for their next opportunity to vote in another administration. If you say to them get back in your box, they would say "says who? "

Personally I accept our systems unless they are compromised, the rule of law satisfies me.

1 Like

Quite, Raab has no common sense. Gosh really freight has to go over the Channel to get to Britain, what a prat.

3 Likes

No it doesn’t.

An interesting investigation into the way Facebook algorithms have enabled complete strangers, apparently non-political, to get together on the internet to create the GJ ‘movement’ from nothing, then to share, extend and deform it (warning - in french and a bit long-winded) :

Enabler or facilitator? I suspect FB will have it’s wings clipped at some point, unless it already has.

A good question. I hope you’re right.

Big data, worth it’s weight in gold :wink:

I’m sure that could be interesting to some but, I was simply talking about the right to change one’s mind within a democratic environment. I think (?) you’re telling me that’s not acceptable (to you) within the 2.5 year period since the EU Referendum. If you are then that’s just bollocks! I change my mind (re-evaluate) about lots of things on a daily, sometimes hourly basis!

For info I’ve never changed my mind about Brexit!!!

1 Like

We can all cherry pick. It means nothing.

except that Osbourne and Cameron were in government. Farage is just a lobbyist and MEP.

Promises, promises.